Online radio

DJ Moretime

Hi, I am interested in starting my own online radio and just wanted any advice.
It seems fairly straight forward at first but the further I look into it the more complicated it gets.

I was wondering what the first steps would be, or advice on the things that I need to get started.

Im currently using Virtual DJ and it has an option like this

These options dont really mean much to me, so if anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance

first things first, invest in some decks, cds or vinyl. do not just use virtual dj. then get urself winamp and shoutcast and follow the shoutcast help instructions for setting up an online radio station. you can normally host from ur pc which will allow u up to 50 listeners at one time. if u are able to get a host server then the amount of listeners will depend on the bandwith.

Thats cool Thanks. I did have my technics but I sold them.
I think That is my biggest regret in my life.
I have done the winamp shoutcast thing but I find it quite confusing.
I'll keep tring though>

Thats cool Thanks. I did have my technics but I sold them.
I think That is my biggest regret in my life.
I have done the winamp shoutcast thing but I find it quite confusing.
I'll keep tring though>

that is a very worrying statement :( im not sure how you would link the vritual dj up. if u can get it to send to winamp then broadcasting over shoutcast is pretty simple. the way they word it in the instructions is a bit ott! but if ur using ur pc as the server then u just fill in all the boxes on shoutcast and then press connect. and ppl will be able to find you on the shoutcast directory

Back
Top Bottom