one of my monitors makes a buzzing sound...

would you describe it as a 'bzzzzzz' or a 'hmmmmm' or a 'BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'?

Sometimes having stuff connected to different wall power sockets causes a hum. a buzz is a bit harder tho. does it work otherwise normally?

It works fine, it just makes a quiet buzzing noise when either not playing anything or playing something on low volume.
Its sort of a cross between hmmmm and bzzzzz, I'll try plugging it into a different plughole and see if that stops it.

Try changing your cables around a bit - switch the cable going to the left monitor to the right monitor and vice versa. If the buzz is still in the same monitor then the fault is in that one, if it changes, the problem is in the audio interface.

I have Rokit 8 g2's and I have noticed a very slight noise coming from then when nothing is playing.
Wondering if it is just like that with all of them...

i get it all the time, probably down to shit wires and bad connections

Safe

I have the same problem as you do, its fucking annoying. From what i have gathered this problem come under Electromagnetic interference, usally this problem is caused by the power cable in which you are using to power you laptop or pc. If you have a laptop you can test this by simply unpluging the power cable and if your problem is the same as mine, that intensly annoying buzzing sound will vanish and peace will be restored!

After i did this, learnt that the interference is coming from the power cables i proceeded to google the problem, doing this found me this website

http://www.pcuser.com.au/pcuser/hs2.nsf/lookup+1/931993547A4099C6CA256E5E008307B5

helps alot, although it doesnt really resolve your problem it tells you what things might be causing it, from here you can go on to test diffrent things and find out what it is thats causing the buzzin and what helps to get ridda the buzzin.

unfortunatly i never mangaged to fully resolve my problem, from what i gather i either need to new laptop or just get a desktop pc, this way there shouldn't be any power cable interfernce what so ever.
for now i bought these little things, but for the life of me i cannot remember what they are called, but you can buy them in any electronics shop, they are small cilinder shaped magnets that you coil you power cable around, i have two of the and the buzzing has been reduced greatly, but its still there and blatent as ever, but for you this might completely remove it.

by the way, if you do find a total fix for these please message me or somthing, learning to produce with a constant noise like what i have is like trying to learn to swim in a straight jacket, pretty dam hard.

hope this helps :D

(also i have the same speakers as you, rokit 5's, maybe its a problem that krk know about and by ringing they might be able to help, but thus far i have not bothered ringing them)

Last edited:
I had the same problem with one of my monitors too. Apparently my mouse cord was touching the audio cable. I put it away and now it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom