One Nation @ Brixton Academy

Time Dependant

Jungle Hunter
VIP Junglist
Did any1 else take a trip to Brixton? What a night the whole experience was a credit to the D&B scence. I was a bit worried about what to expect after the takeover from new promoters + i've never been to Brixton Academy for a Drum & Bass night. I think the best set of the night had to be DJ Zinc that man has definetly got his sets & skills to perfection at the mo. :sick:
Does anyone know the name of the track Andy C kicked off with?
Also the quality of women was unbelievable!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Didn't go but I would guess at Andy C's first tune at being Fresh - Floodlight 'cos that's what he's been opening with lately. Did it have a fucked up intro with a bloke and a women talking in it? If so it's Floodlight.

IMO it's another one of them tunes like Signal that sounds heavy as fuck for a couple of listens and everyone is going to rave about for a few weeks but then you realise it's actually nothing special at all.

Went to Brixton acad. Saturday... I know it's a cliche, but they are not as good as they used to be... was disappointed really.

MCs couldn't be fucked to chat, shabba left just like that, skiba stayed only for a set, foxy was bored to death and so were the djs in my opinion. Didn't see zinc as I came in late, but having seen his set at the end the night before, I agree. He's easily in the top 3 right now. Andy played same set (more or less) as the night before at the end, and I enjoyed it so much more than at the one nation. Tune of the night (and of the moment) IMO was the new Roni size tune (which has been doing rounds on dubplate for aaaaages) on Full Cycle, called Fassy Hole i think. The tune is THE BOMB. Gets the party started. Pity there was no party to start @ one nation.

Peace

V Matt said:
Didn't go but I would guess at Andy C's first tune at being Fresh - Floodlight 'cos that's what he's been opening with lately. Did it have a fucked up intro with a bloke and a women talking in it? If so it's Floodlight.

That will be the one, yer the vocals are like 'Hi are you having a good night' & some other random conversation snips. It's defienetly a good track, maybe not ground breaking but is anything at the mo?

good night - it was definetly different vibe to what ive been to before, but maybe im being paranoid, but 50% of the dnb that got played was pretty weak!

Its the sound that the months collection on formation has put out there - it doesnt have that impact like dnb should have, The formation sound normally is tearing an i do like some of it, but there were tunes that sound exactly the same as the last one that was just mixed in - :sleep:

Twisted set was tiresome and messy, Die was dull, thankfully shabbas mic was too quiet!

The heros of the night: zinc, mampi swift, andy c, Ic3 was easily the best mc of the night, an after seeing him do his thing at innovation and then this, i dont think there is a more crowd-hypin mc at the moment!

doent get me wrong i had a killer night in all an the venue is wicked (well impressed with the accoustics of such a big venue) but is something going wrong with drum-an-a-bass? i fucking hope not!!! The tunes in my record box tell me different!!!

bo.jpg

doent get me wrong i had a killer night in all an the venue is wicked (well impressed with the accoustics of such a big venue) but is something going wrong with drum-an-a-bass? i fucking hope not!!! The tunes in my record box tell me different!!!

I just think the remixes need to calm down a little more, i think each time a new track comes out then a remix comes flying in straight after it kills the lifespan & lastability to easily. Tracks aren't been hailed as 'Classics' anymore because they don't get any time to establish themselves within the scence as groundbreaking. I think there have been some absoloute killer tracks released over the last year & there will be even more to come, but they need to let things simmer slowly!!
Long live the Lifespan!!

arisp said:
Tune of the night (and of the moment) IMO was the new Roni size tune (which has been doing rounds on dubplate for aaaaages) on Full Cycle, called Fassy Hole i think.

hmm are you sure this wasnt rize up or satisfied friends remix? :-/

jay walker said:
Is this the tune wiv the “check-check-check...one” sample into a heavy “waarp” bline?

That sounds like Baron's "Nosher" Remix :)

Back
Top Bottom