One liquid... One not as liquid!

Niceneasyuk

The first one called "who're we", i've been working on for the past few days, still needs some work, mainly on the drop and breakdown, maybe spice it up with some more vocals and fuck about with the levels and eqing on some synths.

The second one called "deep impact" is a bit more jumpy, still not sure on the intro, but hey it's music... Anything can happen! Also in the need of some level fuckery and Eqing.

Let me know your thoughts! In dire need of some input, everyone i know just says 'ye thats sick' lol.

Peace

http://www.myspace.com/niceneasyproduktions

Hmm is it a repost? Already heard this tunes, u didnt get much feedback last time and u thought to try again? :)

Ok first "who're we" i like the intro, the synths are great, but i dont like the drums, well maybe its just my taste...
This jump up song, the arrangement is great, it is varied and stuff, but u need better drums and phater bass.. And is this a sample, i mean the whole speech and the voice of female singing and the piano??

who're we....

the liquid feel about the tune is good and compliments the drums well, the drums can be a bit tinny dont know if its the sample or whether they've been tweaked to sound like that. dunno what DAW your using but try boosting one of the snares round the 160 mark

the jump up one.......

yeah this is more my thing,, am listening on laptop so am not sure about the bassline i cant comment really cos the speakers are shit but all in all sounds good...you used a similiar snare though to the first track and i dont like it but maybe its these speakers.

Last edited:
Hmm is it a repost? Already heard this tunes, u didnt get much feedback last time and u thought to try again? :)

Ok first "who're we" i like the intro, the synths are great, but i dont like the drums, well maybe its just my taste...
This jump up song, the arrangement is great, it is varied and stuff, but u need better drums and phater bass.. And is this a sample, i mean the whole speech and the voice of female singing and the piano??

I sample nothing lol, do it all myself lmao. Took the comments on board none the less. good stuff

Edit - of course the vocals were sampled.. my bad

Last edited:
who're we....

the liquid feel about the tune is good and compliments the drums well, the drums can be a bit tinny dont know if its the sample or whether they've been tweaked to sound like that. dunno what DAW your using but try boosting one of the snares round the 160 mark

the jump up one.......

yeah this is more my thing,, am listening on laptop so am not sure about the bassline i cant comment really cos the speakers are shit but all in all sounds good...you used a similiar snare though to the first track and i dont like it but maybe its these speakers.

My snares always sound shit, i think t's my choice of sounds tbh. Yea the drums need eqing drums is my fall to be fair. 160 hz you mean?

ez, i agree the drums need work but that can be sorted with a bit of time, the idea on the other hand is pretty cool, which is the main thing. great stuff i reckon, through a beefy system would sound good. keep tweeking :)

Ok, the sound is a little whacky but the music is very good. I like the piano melody. it's just flowin' around. nice one.

The second one I don't like that much. It's quite well produced, arrangement is good but I don't really feel it.

Greetz
KaztrO

@ kemzino, yea your completely right, i'm going to start work on my drums today i think. I'm just gonna rinse every tutorial i can find and see what i come up with

@kaztro, thanks! Yea at the minute i'm going for quality over tunage tbh. I'm more learning how to make things sound sweet and in place. I'm glad you like it, they'll be plenty more in the short coming future!

The tip to snares (and many different percussive elements) is layer, layer, layer! I've found a good snare sound can consist of 4 or 5 different snares all with different sounds layered on top of each other. For example:

Each of these snares has a large range of frequencies. Don't bandpass them too much...

1. Medium length snare, bit of crunchiness, peaking at 200hz
2. Also medium length clean, peaking at 200hz and also at about 600hz
3. Very short and snappy, pitched up, sounding a bit like a rimshot, and even frequencies between about 200hz and 15k
4. Quite low, splashy, crunchy snare peaking at 150hz for warmth and lower tones.

That's just the sampler, then there's sampled loops of drums: mid-passed break which adds another snare, and a couple of hi-passed hihat breaks which add a little bit of high end snap to the sound. So in this sense, the snare is effectively a combination of 7 different carefully selected sounds. Makes a huge difference when compared to the very empty, singular "ksh!" of a sample.

yeh man i was feeling this tune, especially the vocals i think you have spot on for this type of liquid, maybe jam some delay on there tho. the only thing for me tht needs work like ppl sed is your drums, they dont sound real enough, feels like the decays are cut off, kinda disconnects your drums from the mix a bit. otherwise nice effort man, would love to hear the final version once you've done some tweakin. peace!

Back
Top Bottom