One from the vaults... Digital - Wize Men - Chronic

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by tyranny, Apr 12, 2016.

1. tyranny

tyranny Well-Known Member

From 2000, on the flip of much more widely played "Ease Off", this is an absolutely mental tune, like a fantasy collab between Skeptical and Dillinja. A lot of the modern tribal sounding jams are quite minimal and clean whereas this is just utterly raw and wonky and clipped up to fuck. You will find a copy on Discogs for less than the price of a chocolate bar and I can almost guarantee you that no matter how fucked "Ease Off" sounds after years of second hand play there will be hardly a scratch on the "Wize Men" side because hardly anyone played it.

Kyam_Music likes this.
  2. rhythm

rhythm Active Member

absolutely love this one: Digital's tunes around this time were all gold

3. tyranny

Yeah man, teh more I think of it the more I get angry at the idea that anyone could believe he isn't the finest all round producer this music ever had.

4. dambusters

dambusters Melbourne

I do love Eaze Off though

rhythm likes this.
  5. Merah

Merah New Member

Fresh, loving the break downs / fills, would be nice to have some rasta vocals over it

6. tyranny

Same here! But this sounds like a completely different beast, and also sounds very like those mad percussive Skeptical jams, particularly like the sort of stuff he was doing around the time of his Commercial Suicide EP; if you are looking to build the tension and the weight up and get out of minimal stuff and into harder territory you could do worse than play Wise Men tbh.