One Deck Mix!

turtDJ

MIXED USING ONLY ONE DECK – THATS HOW MUCH OF A BADMAN I AM. ;0
(reality - i broke my needle)

Bit of jump up/bro, some deeper steez, bit of vocal, bit of grime and a couple of exclusives you wont hear anywhere else - can't say fairer that that - all I ask in return is a wee bit of feedback, neg or pos, its all good! thanks for your time and hope you enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?y8u0cbvpcpd4cb6

This Ain’t Hip Hop 2: The One Deck Sessions

Bionic Commando – Rusko
Casablanca – Borgore
Louder VIP - Caspa
Big Boss – Doctor P
Normalise – Flux Pavillion
Believe It (Bassist RMX) – 6Blocc
Loveless – Jack Sparrow
Cruel Intentions (Joker RMX) – Simian Mobile Disco
Here With Me – Jakwob
Hard (Ft. David Rodigan) – Brakeage & Newham Generals
Wrong Number – SUBSCAPE
Secrets – Killa Kella Ft. Wiley
Nothing’s Wrong – SUBSCAPE
Piano Lessons on a Rainy Day – Mr Smart-E
Cockney Violins – Caspa
The Youngers - Duurty Goodz
Karma Crazy - Magnetic
Jam Hype - eltruT

Last edited:
how this work i do not know...one turntable and a CDJ? one deck and ya laptop...??

close!

using serato, you switch one virtual deck to internal mode and start the track, then you do the mix using the vinyl control, and once you have done the mix, hit the 'switch inputs' button and this will do as it says on the tin - giving you back tactile contol with your control record and switc the other one to internal so it plays from the virtual deck not the physical one!! sounds like an arse ache but its really good fun (getting needles tomo tho so back to normal soon!)

are%20you%20a%20wizard-525x700.jpg

close!

using serato, you switch one virtual deck to internal mode and start the track, then you do the mix using the vinyl control, and once you have done the mix, hit the 'switch inputs' button and this will do as it says on the tin - giving you back tactile contol with your control record and switc the other one to internal so it plays from the virtual deck not the physical one!! sounds like an arse ache but its really good fun (getting needles tomo tho so back to normal soon!)

Very clever, although I dont have Serato so this could be common knowledge

Very clever, although I dont have Serato so this could be common knowledge

yeah could be.. I started using the internal mode at playouts originally to stop the needle jumping when a drunk bird bangs into the decks or something, then i just sorta thought 'hang on...'

I do have another mix, one deck style and its bloody wicked if i do say so myself, i'll up it next week :)

this mix will get so much more attention than if you would've not broken your needle and just did it on two decks, lol

yeah man! its for reals! my take on the current slew of 3-4 deck mixes ;) obv. due to my broken needle and the fact that its a gimmick... so there are more to come in the week... on another note my mates came round for a mix the other day and brought a spare needle.. I missed the one deck steez!!!! coz its different and fun - i honestly believe i could do a set out like this and it not hamper me at all (unless im mixing hip hop or funk which require scratching!)

thanks for listening people - you lot all kick arse! also, who ever gave this thread a '5 star rating' your a geezer! :):)

aaaany more reviews or feedbizzle for me?

Good idea mate, will check out the mix later,

Next level --- try mixing with just one 1210 and a djm600 (ie no serato or anything) i did not think this could be done however my best mate proved me wrong not too long ago and i was very impressed.

He would get a tune playing on the deck and once it had dropped he used the djms internal sampler to record a 4 bar loop. he then mixed the track with the loop and then brought the vinyl out of the mix. there we have a (very repatative) 4 bar loop, he then took the next vinyl out the bag and proceeded to mix out of the 4 bar loop. at first it was very very slow and seemed like the loop was going on for ages, however he did this for about 45 mins and from about the 4th tune in he started picking it up n i hardly even noticed the loop as he was switching tunes and looping really fast. anyways, just thought id share cos i noticed the title of the thread :)

Good idea mate, will check out the mix later,

Next level --- try mixing with just one 1210 and a djm600 (ie no serato or anything) i did not think this could be done however my best mate proved me wrong not too long ago and i was very impressed.

He would get a tune playing on the deck and once it had dropped he used the djms internal sampler to record a 4 bar loop. he then mixed the track with the loop and then brought the vinyl out of the mix. there we have a (very repatative) 4 bar loop, he then took the next vinyl out the bag and proceeded to mix out of the 4 bar loop. at first it was very very slow and seemed like the loop was going on for ages, however he did this for about 45 mins and from about the 4th tune in he started picking it up n i hardly even noticed the loop as he was switching tunes and looping really fast. anyways, just thought id share cos i noticed the title of the thread :)

Now that is clever!!

did he tape any of the mixes?

@ Jaro - thanks dude, hope ya like it! More one deck madness to come either friday or Monday depending on my stupid interweb connection....

PS oooohh someone bumped me down to 3 star... Par!! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom