omni trio renegade snares

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by knottyboy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. knottyboy

knottyboy Member

hi, i recently bought the foul play remix as i like the way andy c mixes it so i thought id buy and have a play about with it. im finding tho that there isnt enough pitch on my deck to bring it up to speed. im finding i have to press that button by the quartz lock to increase the pitch by 20% - it does become fast enough then but it sounds naff (she sounds like a chipmunk!!)

im just wondering if im missing something - a trick of the trade maybe?? or maybe my decks just dont have enough pitch?? i wondered if theres a difference between the pressings (i have the version in the green sleeve, ive also a version in a brown sleeve). any ideas??

cheers

2. I have the original too mate.

Andy re-recorded the original, notched up the BPM and cut it on Dubplate.

If you are that keen you can increase the spped of your turntable by removing the platter and adjusting a screw underneath. (by doing this it may affect the warranty tho.

3. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

If you increase the speed on a vinyl deck, you'll chipmunk your tune.

Rip the track into .wav, load into something like Cool Edit Pro, adjust speed without changing key, burn to .wav, play back on a cd.

Only way to do it (unless you want to buy a very expensive vinyl deck that keeps key).

4. knottyboy

knottyboy Member

thats cheeky!! i didnt even know you could do that! i dont think il bother taking the platter apart - wont that make the rest of my vinyls chipmunk?? or will it just make the platter slightly faster ie turn the 0 mark into 1 etc.

5. knottyboy

knottyboy Member

ive been thinking about this and i would quite like to try and and increase the pitch on my decks as i never really use the pitch under zero, so its a bit of a waste really. however, i wouldnt have the foggiest on how to do it. can somebody write up a quick quide?? if i manage to get the platter off what am i looking for. is there also a way to increase the torque of the deck?

cheers.

6. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

:google:

yea Renegade Snares is slow as fuck!!

7. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Google for instructions as Fes said.

But there really is no point unless you plan to play crazy shit. If you change speed, you change key - either you chipmunk or satan the music.

There is no way to change your torque without changing the motor.

8. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

slow down the other other tune aswell...its hard to do live without it affecting the audience

9. DTR

DTR the village idiot

Very quick:

Remove the platter and remove the plastic dustcover beneath it. This will expose the main circuit board. On the top right of the board is a potentiometer (round blue thing) labelled "Pitch". Using a small screwdriver turn the adjuster fully to the right.

This will give you a +/-12% (roughly) pitch range. However, it's likely to throw off the 0% point, which on Mk2s will then give you two zero points. Which is a royal bitch. You'd then have to adjust the 0% potentiometer (pot) on the pitch fader circuit board to suit. This requires taking the bottom off the deck which is long.

Alternatively you could adjust the 0% point so that the fader has got more "plus" than "minus". To do this you'd have to adjust the 0% pot fully one way or the other (I don't know which way), but on Mk2s this is only any good if you disable the 0% bypass, which requires cutting wires.

Or you could just buy Stanton ST150s which are better decks anyway :finger2: