OMG I need help badly!!! 2001 'ardkore dnb tune ID

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I decided to record an old set onto my hard drive via my friends DAT recorder. I made this set back in early 2001. It appeared on the net for a little while as an RA file on DOA but that was it. Anyway I've re-ripped it at 256kbps and that you will be able to see in the stuck in 1992 folder in the studio mixes section in a matter of minutes but that is not the reason for THIS post.

This post is reguarding a very serious matter. On this DAT tape one can hear a small portion of the mix that was recorded over at the very end. This end piece features a track which is to say the least..... dope as hell!!! The problem is, I haven't the foggiest idea what the hell this record is!!!! All that I know is that I have it but what the hell is it???

Can someone please help me ID this record. All that I know is that it is from 2000-2001. Its an amen track with a cool jungle tekno riff and a phat synewave bass. I want to know what this is so that I can find it in my collection and use it again.

Here is what I found on the DAT tape at 256kbps:

What_is_this_phat_2001_DNB_Choon.mp3

:afro:

Last edited:
Ohh My! No one knows this??? Could someone maybe plz ask on the DOA on my behalf since they banneded me. Actually that might not help since most ppl that were into dnb in 2001 are probably not checking message boards anymore I bet.

:respekt: myself!

I just figured it out. I was thinking about how this sounds much like ACEN's stuff on Higher Education... Then I thought it must be on Higher Education... sure enough ..... its:

Abstract "The Message: Fuck Willie Brown (Dom & Roland Remix)" (Higher Education 0-44904) 2000

WOW, this higher education label was phat. I'm listening to Pieter K "Pendulum (Phantom Audio Remix)" now and its extremely good as well. Not forgetting to mention Karl K "Synapse (Konflict Remix)"

I'm going to have to play with these records again, good stuff that I forgot all about!

Hmmm, I don't know any Skynet tracks on that label. :/

Is that busta rhymes in your sig? Before busta was popular I always thought he was the actor in that movie whos name I can not remember. I dont think its actually him but that actor is a dead ringer for busta.

Back
Top Bottom