Olive - Your Not Alone (DNB Tear It Remix)

Although I like the take on this track, it suffers from the same thing that alot of D&B workings of well known tracks do. The formula is to create an intro that uses the original and then after the break drops into an unrelated d&b tune, however good that may be.

I still hate the fucking emoticons on this site. D&B Forum is a great site and very important to the future of D&B but I hate seeing comments on this site that consist of a set of animated graphics.

We are in an unique position in the music industry such that with D&B it's only the music that matters. If you like a track, you buy it. I you don't, then you don't. D&B doesn't market itself like other music genres and it's underground and it must stay like that. Some years ago I was doing tunes in a different genre (hip-hop} and I had to do interviews, videos, press etc and it fucking sucks. Only the product matters and we shouldn't forget that.

sdm said:
Heavyweight :slayer:

The original was bad ass as well!

Definitely with my man on this, what a fkin stormer!

With regard to what your saying, I must admit the formulaic remix style of intro then tune is a bit of a cop out and whoever was on the remix duties should have put more thought into introducing further elements into the main "body" of the tune.. Glad that filtered synth made it thru to this mix, best part of the tune.. The sultry vocals still sound fresh as fuck too

:dutty:

caesar said:
Although I like the take on this track, it suffers from the same thing that alot of D&B workings of well known tracks do. The formula is to create an intro that uses the original and then after the break drops into an unrelated d&b tune, however good that may be.

I still hate the fucking emoticons on this site. D&B Forum is a great site and very important to the future of D&B but I hate seeing comments on this site that consist of a set of animated graphics.

We are in an unique position in the music industry such that with D&B it's only the music that matters. If you like a track, you buy it. I you don't, then you don't. D&B doesn't market itself like other music genres and it's underground and it must stay like that. Some years ago I was doing tunes in a different genre (hip-hop} and I had to do interviews, videos, press etc and it fucking sucks. Only the product matters and we shouldn't forget that.

you had a good point in your intro there and then what the fuck? emoticons, D&B being the only music that matters? talk about breaking into unrelated shit

the drop itself (the beats and bass and random vocal snippets work well) is actually quite good, but the way the intro connects to the actual drop really doesn't work IMO. the intro itself sounds quite amateurly produced (even if it is essentially it sounds messy and unfinished) and is a bit of an injustice to the original (which was a classic).

the intro and drop really don't feel connected in any way whatsoever (as if they could be completely seperate tunes). if the artist goes back in on the intro and fixes it up, this could be a good remix.......as it stands however, i don't think it's quite a worthy remix yet....

What a bad fucking tune origonally and what a crackin remix. Can't see what other people don't like about it. It has all the elements to absolutly smash up the dance floor.which is what i understand as being a sucessfull job by the remixer. I really can't see any of the points that are trying to be put across by everyone else that has adversly commented about this track. How it read (Olive - Your not alone tear out remix) is absolutly what you got.A big thumbs up from me to the remixer. Job well done.

JimJapBap said:
you had a good point in your intro there and then what the fuck? emoticons, D&B being the only music that matters? talk about breaking into unrelated shit

He meant IN D&B, only the music matters. It doesnt matter if the people who made it are good looking, it doesnt matter if the people who made it are well known (most of the time, give or take) all that matters is that the song is bangin. If its not bangin then you dont buy the tune. Easy as that. I think wat he meant here is that when mixes of well known tracks come out, sometimes its not about the music anymore. If someone made a crap remix of ATB let you go, it would probly get popular if it was good or not.

That said, I like this song. I actually like the intro but the bassline doesn't quite do it for me.

MC Motion said:
It was going so well until the drop....................
Check the other remix out, it wipes the floor with this one! Plus the guy is from Portsmouth,
so he's satisfaction guaranteed!

Big up Portsmouth crew!!!

Back
Top Bottom