DnB Oldschool Vs Newschool Mix (or how to spend a whole night)

wingz

everyones fav austrian
VIP Junglist
so finally i managed to pull out a mix, i worked the whole night on the tracklist, i hope you guys enjoy, feel free to give me feedback i always want to improve!

Tracklisting:

Hive - Blackout
>> Inside Info - Honey Bee
Treo, NC17 & Nusense - Demons
Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork
Commix - Sattelite Type 2
Black Sun Empire - Crash Bunny (Subsonik Remix)
Cause 4 Concern - Nothing Lasts Forever
Chris.SU - Solaris VIP
Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon
Exocet - Demon Seed (S.P.Y. Remix)
>> D-Bridge - True Romance
Basher - Plastic Faces
T.E.E.D. - Garden (Calibre Remix)
Hamilton - Echoes
Die - Slow Burn
Ram Trilogy - Titan

i hope you guys enjoy and i would appreciate some good feedback (me looks at teddybizzle haha :teeth:)

Last edited:
Feedback time!

Hive - Blackout
>> Inside Info - Honey Bee

Absolutely wicked, I love Blackout and that double-drop was executed precisely, instant gunfingerz bussiness!

Treo, NC17 & Nusense - Demons
Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork
Commix - Sattelite Type 2
Black Sun Empire - Crash Bunny (Subsonik Remix)

Very nice and rolling part, I love how the synths squeezes from each track complements with the other.

Cause 4 Concern - Nothing Lasts Forever
Chris.SU - Solaris VIP

I really liked how the Solaris rolled in on the breakdown, one of my favourite tunes from Subtitles camp.

Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon
Exocet - Demon Seed (S.P.Y. Remix)
>> D-Bridge - True Romance

Another fine section, especially enjoyed that True Romance glimpse, fitted in just beatifully.

Basher - Plastic Faces
T.E.E.D. - Garden (Calibre Remix)

Again really nice harmonies in the transition!

Hamilton - Echoes
Die - Slow Burn
Ram Trilogy - Titan

What a classy selection to end this up, Slow Burn to Titan totally went off!

Enjoyed it all the way through, wicked selection, nice mixing! And good luck with the competition :)

ez wingz
looks good man. i'll add my 2pence worth

>> Inside Info - Honey Bee - gully business mate. liked this blend, hard to keep my neck still!

Treo, NC17 & Nusense - Demons - these 2 played really well with each other.

Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork - safe as! lil clang a lang here and there but nothing too bad. i liked the eqing, theres a lot going on and u eq'd so they sat as one and not 1 over the other, well played man.

Commix - Sattelite Type 2 - wicked! wouldnt have changed a thing. really nice transition too, didn't loose any vibe after the blend was over.

Black Sun Empire - Crash Bunny (Subsonik Remix) - worked really well, only thing i would say is crash bunny dominated the blend a lil too much. a lil less mid on it and the commix tune would have poked through a bit more.

Cause 4 Concern - Nothing Lasts Forever - nice smooth blend.

Chris.SU - Solaris VIP - cool!

Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon - really good, i dont know if lcs was a lil quiet or maybe there was a lot of solaris in the mix that was holding it back a lil. touch less mid on solaris i think not much, just a lil.

Exocet - Demon Seed (S.P.Y. Remix) - smooth transition

>> D-Bridge - True Romance - wicked, liked the bass switch when true romance got gritty, worked really well.

Basher - Plastic Faces - swish

T.E.E.D. - Garden (Calibre Remix) - vocals over vocals. almost works coz gardens vocals are quiet but i would have left out the intro being mixed and just brought it in after the drop to avoid the clashes.

Hamilton - Echoes - wicked. not a fan of this track but they mixed well together

Die - Slow Burn - yeah not bad

Ram Trilogy - Titan - not bad, wonder if they would have sounded better with the bass eq'd the other way around tho.

really liked this mix mate. you have a knack of finding tracks that sit really well with each other, harmonically and structurally

ez wingz
looks good man. i'll add my 2pence worth

>> Inside Info - Honey Bee - gully business mate. liked this blend, hard to keep my neck still!

Treo, NC17 & Nusense - Demons - these 2 played really well with each other.

Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork - safe as! lil clang a lang here and there but nothing too bad. i liked the eqing, theres a lot going on and u eq'd so they sat as one and not 1 over the other, well played man.

Commix - Sattelite Type 2 - wicked! wouldnt have changed a thing. really nice transition too, didn't loose any vibe after the blend was over.

Black Sun Empire - Crash Bunny (Subsonik Remix) - worked really well, only thing i would say is crash bunny dominated the blend a lil too much. a lil less mid on it and the commix tune would have poked through a bit more.

Cause 4 Concern - Nothing Lasts Forever - nice smooth blend.

Chris.SU - Solaris VIP - cool!

Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon - really good, i dont know if lcs was a lil quiet or maybe there was a lot of solaris in the mix that was holding it back a lil. touch less mid on solaris i think not much, just a lil.

Exocet - Demon Seed (S.P.Y. Remix) - smooth transition

>> D-Bridge - True Romance - wicked, liked the bass switch when true romance got gritty, worked really well.

Basher - Plastic Faces - swish

T.E.E.D. - Garden (Calibre Remix) - vocals over vocals. almost works coz gardens vocals are quiet but i would have left out the intro being mixed and just brought it in after the drop to avoid the clashes.

Hamilton - Echoes - wicked. not a fan of this track but they mixed well together

Die - Slow Burn - yeah not bad

Ram Trilogy - Titan - not bad, wonder if they would have sounded better with the bass eq'd the other way around tho.

really liked this mix mate. you have a knack of finding tracks that sit really well with each other, harmonically and structurally

thank you :D means a lot

just finished, sounds good man! made a few notes:

blackout > honey bee biggg, would have liked to hear blackout more coming through but still sounds class
demons is sick! never heard that one, nice one
> clockwork, slightly out at first i think but you sorted it out quick, all good
satellite and crash bunny worked well i think just too much going on for me there!
yess solaris vip is aweesome
> last chance saloon - quality blend, again i think a little bit more of solaris would have sat better but still very good
demon seed > true romance was class, all eq'd nicely
> plastic faces was slightly off at the beginning but sorted quick time, sounds nice
> garden, really like this bit, vibes!
> i love echoes so you really could have played it with anything and i would have liked it :) do think it drowns garden out a tad, would have been nice with the 'with you' vocals over the top as echoes drops
> slow burn, nice, think the amens from echoes could be turned down a notch
> titan, yeah feeling this

all in all the blends were on point i think maybe it would have been nicer to hear some of the faded out tracks a bit more in the mix. i'm no teddy tho don't take my word for it :) big ups man

Jsmith giving the Teddy-style feedback. Love it!

Just gave this a listen and was mightily impressed, man. Gotta do some more in-depth notes I made later but for now big ups!

Back
Top Bottom