oldie but a goldie... my gusset gravy remix

the intro sample needs to be chopped on time i think , it just doesnt have a pace to it
BUUUT
after the intro , my head started bobbing to the bpm
sounds pro bruv
pro

the intro sample needs to be chopped on time i think , it just doesnt have a pace to it
BUUUT
after the intro , my head started bobbing to the bpm
sounds pro bruv
pro

cheers bro... when you say samples do you mean the original twisted sample, or the chopped up hat/break sample? cos they are meant to be off beat, but i hear what ya saying about it sounding off... but thats on purpose!?

the orginal
to be honested its not that bad , it just seems like one ran for 6 beats and another for 2
just didnt seem very quantised

fair enough... tbh it's the same thing looped up for like 6 bars then 2 bars of the filter sweep loop to but i will look into making it more quantized.

sounds good mate but i have to agree with indigo on the intro it sounds kinda odd
the main tune sounds good tho

hmm... sounds fine to me? it's supposed to be sort of off souding at first, so that whence it all comes together it 'makes sense'... used loadsa swing on the percussion and snares but i guess it aint working?

cheers for the advice lads, perhaps i'll have a play with the warping on it, or reduce the swing or something?!

:D

Hmmm.......I dont actually think the odd drums at the start are bad at all. I think they sit well, almost making the listener want to dance, but not knowing how to lol! Then when it drops (which IMO is a little abrupt,) it all falls together and we are able to dance again...

Oh, and your basses are sick, I've been trying to re create that sound for a while now, I can get near it but not quite dirty enough.......fancy sharing your secrets?

Hmmm.......I dont actually think the odd drums at the start are bad at all. I think they sit well, almost making the listener want to dance, but not knowing how to lol! Then when it drops (which IMO is a little abrupt,) it all falls together and we are able to dance again...

that was the idea! nice one mate...

Oh, and your basses are sick, I've been trying to re create that sound for a while now, I can get near it but not quite dirty enough.......fancy sharing your secrets?

thanks mate... my only secrets are multiple square waves, lfo to band/low filter & distortion/saturation or a touch of bitcrushing?

Back
Top Bottom