Old vinyl value

dj_fortune

DJ FORTUNE
Does anyone know what value Roni Size: Brown Paper Bag/Western 12" holds, currently, for an original issue? Dont think I wanna sell any vinyl but would like to know what the going rate is for this and similar dancefloor wreckers. DJ FORTUNE

Does anyone know what value Roni Size: Brown Paper Bag/Western 12" holds, currently, for an original issue? Dont think I wanna sell any vinyl but would like to know what the going rate is for this and similar dancefloor wreckers. DJ FORTUNE
I can't imagine it's very high cause it's been repressed a million times already.

Edit:

I've just checked eBay and the price ranges from not selling at all, to the maximum bid of £5.50.

The only two older Roni Size records that are worth a lot are the Reasons For Sharing double pack with Trust Me on it, and the Watching Windows DJ Die gnarly remix...all the others pretty much sell for standard fare :)

The only two older Roni Size records that are worth a lot are the Reasons For Sharing double pack with Trust Me on it, and the Watching Windows DJ Die gnarly remix...all the others pretty much sell for standard fare :)

Not recently, have a look at eBay's completed listings:

http://search-completed.ebay.co.uk/...action=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

There's 3 on it, 2 went for £4~ and one for £6.49, so it doesn't seem to be that rare. Maybe it's because trust me was repressed...

I've seen an original pressing go for £100 jus last year I think. This was before the official repress was done by Talkin' Loud - although I heard the main reason for this (although they didnt plan to repress it) was because so many people were putting out bootlegs of it.

I've seen an original pressing go for £100 jus last year I think. This was before the official repress was done by Talkin' Loud - although I heard the main reason for this (although they didnt plan to repress it) was because so many people were putting out bootlegs of it.

I actually bought a bootleg which had trust me and 3 other tunes, can't remember what they were, but as soon as trust me kicked you know after the intro bit, the volume went up(or down can't remember) like say 8 beats into it! How shoddy is that! It was a good few years ago, so not 100% certain if it went up or down or if it was 4/8 beats etc, but really shit, because if you're doing a mix someone will think you're an amateur and you've lowered the vol down...Anyway very unprofessional i thought :)

fuck just realise i lost mine! havnt seen it in time!

hmmm...

and i lost my copy of the nine and vault..

hmmm

For Christ's sake kids, are you DJs or insane record collectors?

Your favourite artist is not getting 100 quid because you really really love that track. Buy the track on CD or mp3 if the vinyl costs more than 5 quid!

If you really want, send the artist 95 quid. Not the fucker that sold you the track for an insane price.

Even if you were to get the track off some P2P program and burn it to CD and send a couple of quid to the artist - they'd be a lot more happy than if you were to spend an insane amount on the vinyl.

DNB is MUSIC. Not freaking pressed PVC. Its not the PVC that is important but the sounds. The grooves on the PVC. Vinyl is worthless without the grooves. And the grooves you can find on the 256 mp3 and the CD.

I'd never pay stupid ammounts for vinyl, but I've £15 for a few bits (warning on philly blunt etc). I'd much rather have them on vinyl than mp3. Not even close.

I'm after that gnarly rmx... but I'm sure partly because I know it's sought after. So hard not to get caught up in things like that. Especially with music, where what's good is so subjective, and your taste can be so easily influenced.

I guess that's why there are so many forgotten old jungle releases on e-bay for 99p that are near identical to the ones going for £20.

I'd never pay stupid ammounts for vinyl, but I've £15 for a few bits (warning on philly blunt etc). I'd much rather have them on vinyl than mp3. Not even close.

same as me, fuck cds and mp3s.

most i've spent is £30, but im a old skool dj so big £££ is to be expected; cd oldskool djs are wankers imo, and can fuck right off.

For Christ's sake kids, are you DJs or insane record collectors?

Your favourite artist is not getting 100 quid because you really really love that track. Buy the track on CD or mp3 if the vinyl costs more than 5 quid!

If you really want, send the artist 95 quid. Not the fucker that sold you the track for an insane price.

Even if you were to get the track off some P2P program and burn it to CD and send a couple of quid to the artist - they'd be a lot more happy than if you were to spend an insane amount on the vinyl.

DNB is MUSIC. Not freaking pressed PVC. Its not the PVC that is important but the sounds. The grooves on the PVC. Vinyl is worthless without the grooves. And the grooves you can find on the 256 mp3 and the CD.

Each to their own mate. Personally i don't think i'd pay more than £7.50 for a vinyl and i'd have to really like it, and probably have to like both sides too! But for me as well as others there is a big difference between owning a record on vinyl as to owning it on cd/mp3. Personally speaking i don't like the whole cd decks/vinyl scratch kind of stuff,
ie i'm more of a vinyl purist/traditionalist, but i'm sure you can understand why having the tangible vinyl rather than a file on your hard drive is totally different.

But, of course when we're talking £50, £80, £100 it is ridiculous and i would never ever buy a vinyl at that price, however, I guess it would be a good idea to email the producer like you say and say you'll give him/her x pounds for the vinyl as they're getting it directly but i can't see that working tbh, would the producer actually reply? It'd be a bit funny if some punter emailed you saying i'll give you £60 if you press x tune onto vinyl for me (say you were a producer), don't you think?

Last edited:

I'm after that gnarly rmx... but I'm sure partly because I know it's sought after. So hard not to get caught up in things like that. Especially with music, where what's good is so subjective, and your taste can be so easily influenced.

I guess that's why there are so many forgotten old jungle releases on e-bay for 99p that are near identical to the ones going for £20.

Copy in my Shop amongst other classics:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Crazy-Dancer-Records

;)

Back
Top Bottom