Old Tracks

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
The amount of old tunes that I've listened to in recent times that are creatively SO much better than my stuff now irritates the fuck outta me!

Also... I realised the amount of threads along these lines that I post every 8 months or so is insane but seriously... how did I lose the creative edge? Fuck!

Fucking mixdown issues. Or is it just that I've given these tracks loads of breathing room and have only just realised their potential?

Discuss!

I said the same thing not too long ago, my old tracks were so creative, but my mixdowns were utter tripe! Ive spent so long trying to focus on the technical aspect of structure and clarity that ive kinda lost my creative flow

I said the same thing not too long ago, my old tracks were so creative, but my mixdowns were utter tripe! Ive spent so long trying to focus on the technical aspect of structure and clarity that ive kinda lost my creative flow
Exactly my problem, i haven't finished a tune in months, nowadays my stuff sounds clean but has no soul :(

Well, I guess, could be said that good music is produced by someone who isn't thinking about what they are doing but just doing it. Inspiration straight from brain to brain.
When you/I started out we weren't thinking about much except woohoo, I'm making DnB, BAM!
Then we realised, Hey there's more, this is not noisia, gotta learn some more, gotta get technical, and started thinking about the process rather than the inspiration, and that's a loooonnnnng tunnel and the light is far away!

Last edited:
i've had this problem so much recently, my newer tunes sound alot better in terms of quality but lack the creative edge they used to have.. i'm so pre occupied with bussing and eq ing, which is ofcourse incredibly important, i just get masses of creative block, no fresh ideas coming through.

i think once ya start to mix down as you go with out really thinking about it, you can get back to being super creative again. a few times now i have gone back to tracks i made 3 or so years ago, and re done them, because my ideas were so much better back then!!! i reckon a thread to post up old tunes would be a great idea, we can see how far each other has evolve.

Back
Top Bottom