Old track I am just now finishing.

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
This was a track I created stems for a remix comp we could do on the fourm for fun. However, I failed massively on being able to keep up on the project. Anyway here is my finished version. I was going for the big solid reece basses I loved back around 2000 to 2004. Let me know what you think.

Loving the tune mate, the sounds all work together really well. :)

And the mix sounds spot on too, no criticisms from me (y)

Nice track! The intro is really cool and interesting, the oriental vibe is kinda fun! I think you pulled that of nicely. Overall it's pretty much a solid tune. I would perhaps lower the bass just a tiny bit for more kick & snare.

Good job on this one!

haha, i remember (p)remixing those samples^^

tune is not so bad, a bit overloaded with elements imo, that reese-bass sounds kinda too hi-passed to me, the piano lacks some vibe imo (a bit mechanical), that asian-style-sample is great id have used that more prominent in the tune, drums are nice, overall that reesebass is disturbing me in a way;)

rspct

Thanks guys. And sorry shri pan I never followed through with the remix comp. Life sometimes can take you by storm.

really like this man
cant find anything wrong with it either
good job

I love how you "machine gun" the bass at points. Honestly, I don't feel as though someone at my skill level is qualified to critique this, but at least I can say it's very good. :) I guess if I had to pick something, the intro and breakdown went on a bit long (the vocal bit was nice but seemed unnecessary). FWIW

I love how you "machine gun" the bass at points. Honestly, I don't feel as though someone at my skill level is qualified to critique this, but at least I can say it's very good. :) I guess if I had to pick something, the intro and breakdown went on a bit long (the vocal bit was nice but seemed unnecessary). FWIW
Thank you!

Skills.
Mix is dope.
If it was me i would've maybe thrown in a 16 of low pass filter modulations on the reese after one of the stutters, give it that contrast of stripped deepness then back into the more open riff but that's just personal taste man.
Really nice work.

Skills.
Mix is dope.
If it was me i would've maybe thrown in a 16 of low pass filter modulations on the reese after one of the stutters, give it that contrast of stripped deepness then back into the more open riff but that's just personal taste man.
Really nice work.

Actually at this point I am in total agreement with you. Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom