Old skool Zelda fans, check this!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sdm, Nov 27, 2003.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

From 1st December 2003, you can pick up the Game Cube with four free games for the RRP of £79!

The four free games are:
    1. The Legend of Zelda (NES)
    2. The Adventure of Link (NES)
    3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
    5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Game Cube DEMO)
    Bargain!

2. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

SDM that is an absoloutey stupid price!! As David Dickinson would say Chip as Chips!!! I didn't realise that the Game Cube ran all the old Nintendo games.

3. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

ABSOLUTLEY-FOOKIN’-BRILLIANT!!

I said id snatch one up soon as Mariokart DD came out, but this gives an even better reason, an at under 80 squid - whatta Bargain!

have they fixed the graphics up on the NES Zeldas then?

I totally missed majora Mark too , didnt even know it had came out

4. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Well you can also get the same deal with Mario Kart: Double Dash for £99. That deal is already available.

5. MC Motion

MC Motion Custom Avatarmess

I was gonna buy that Gamecube Star Wars deal but caned my money on vinyl instead. I compensated the loss of the Gamecube by finally getting Mario Kart 64 for £4.50 down the indoor market!!!! Bargain!!!

I really must buy a next gen console soon, i've been playing the 64 since 96, how sad!?!? I had a Dreamcast for a couple of month's but the laser fucked up cos off all the bong smoke in my room. I suppose that's why i'm a bit reluctant to buy a new one with a laser. At £79.99 I don't care if I only get a couple of month's out of it, that's damn cheap!!!!

6. V Matt

V Matt Member

I have the Gamecube version of Ocarina Of Time, it came free with The Wind Waker. They haven't really touched up the graphics that much, dunno about the others though.

Never got round to finishing Wind Waker, it seemed to much of a chore when I got halfway through it and I lost the motivation. Pretty good game though but not as deep or hard as some of the older ones.

7. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Yeh Matt, they are basically the same games, just ported to the Game Cube. It seems most people who had a NES have sold it, lost it, or it's broken.

8. sub vibes

sub vibes Member

thats astounding!
    my nes eventually just stopped working...but i might have to invest in a cube at that price it would b wrong not to.

9. 1992

1992 Novantadue

I think nintendo should just release a new system thats backwards compatable with every game machine they ever released. They did it with gameboy, so why not with the TV based systems.

10. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

Can you get that deal (pref. with Double Dash) online anywhere?

11. DJAccess

DJAccess Member

Wicked, i just started playing on Ocarina Of Time again for my old N64 this week. Love that game. :dutty:

12. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Nintendo don't actually 'do' online gaming really hehe.

They do PSO and that's about it.

Plus it's not easy to get a broadband adapter!

13. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

Think he means to buy online?

After trying to find an e-tailer that *does* sell cubes online, it appears the Dixons retail group is dropping them, and no longer backing Nintendo! End of days for the Cube maybe?

It's mad really, cos when I was little, Nintendo pwned the competition, now they're the bottom of the stack statistically???

Me thinks they should pull all the stops out and bring summat new out to cane off teh Xbox & PS2 respectively!

14. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Dixons Group stopped months back. (Pants group anyways, I've worked for them bwhah)

The 'Cube is bigger than xbox in Europe at the moment.

It's the number 1 selling console in America at the moment, sold over half a million units in thanksgiving week!

Lastly, Nintendo are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the Japan hardware charts.. GBA SP, Game Cube, and GBA.

Running tingz ;]

15. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Oh yeah..

@ Mulla: Sorry mang, misunderstood your question! Because the Mario Kart: Double Dash bundle is limited edition you won't see it on many online stores.

Online stores include:

http://shop.game.net/browse.aspx?cat=7

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Category.a...amesGamecubeBundles?ref=TruHome/TruVideoGames (These have the MKDD bundle pack)

http://www.gsserver.co.uk/site/gamecube/hardware/

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/common/product.jhtml?pid=30050949 (These have the MKDD bundle pack)

Boh :thumbsup:

16. inf0r

inf0r /!\ Dainjah /!\

Why is it the games selection is so lame in shops then? I see about 10 billion PS2/Box titles and 4 or 5 dusty cube titles in the racks? It sucks bigtime, cos my sisters got a cube w/ baaaaare games, I've got like 3 ://

The really fucked thing is, I live in the "second city" with an electronics retailer on every other street corner?

Fucking brummies obviously like getting ripped off w/ xbox shite innit!

17. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Nintendo don't have anywhere near the amount of people making games for them as Sony/Microsoft do, that's probably the main reason.

It's all about quality control with Nintendo ;]

Sony and Microsoft have so many games that flop, it's nothing like that with Nintendo. That said, when you walk into a store seeing walls covered with PS2 games it does look quite good!

I don't think that'll ever change though, Nintendo have never had the amount of games being made as Sony do..

18. freeagent

freeagent Almost 30

Definately agree with the Nintendo QC, though. Always loved games on N best, from Super Mario Bros., Metroid, on to Mario Cart and Mario Golf :)

19. Mulla

Mulla Digital Future

:slayer:

Cheers mate!