Multi Genre Old Skool Tracker, semi-pro production advice.

Molotovbliss

Just wanted to get honest opinions about production work, I've slowly been teaching myself better production. I was apart of one of the first net labels,Kosmic free music foundation, and my old way of doing things with Scream Tracker, Fast Tracker 2, obviously don't cut the mustard these days. Ever since the group disbanded I've stayed under the radar and attempted to hone in some new style and better production. Long story short, bought some KRK Rokit5's a NI Komplete Audio 6 and a few other goodies like a novation launchpad. With that said I've been using Renoise as a DAW since I'm most familiar with tracker based interfaces, and have been lately getting more into using different VSTs for instruments and mastering, like Ozone, Massive, etc. Honestly just looking for honest input. I know its usually best to just your ears with mastering but still think there is a lot i'm unaware of...

:2thumbs:

Anyhow here's a semi-recent dnb track, was mainly meant as a "learning" session its nothing mind blowing with lots of presets:

Guess being a newbie doesn't let me post urls...

soundcloud.com/molotovbliss/apoptosis

Last edited:
id say the hats are a BIT too loud in the intro

and the bass is all over the place, i can barely hear that lowest note on my monitors, and the highest is really resonant (not in a good way)

drums are kinda lacking low end

but aside from that i think its pretty good, in terms of mix/master its sounding loud and clear, wouldn't say its over compressed or anything so good job on that front

id say the hats are a BIT too loud in the intro

and the bass is all over the place, i can barely hear that lowest note on my monitors, and the highest is really resonant (not in a good way)

drums are kinda lacking low end

but aside from that i think its pretty good, in terms of mix/master its sounding loud and clear, wouldn't say its over compressed or anything so good job on that front

Thanks for constructive criticism. I'm trying to listen to mixdowns on as many systems as I can find, car, laptop, cheap radio in hopes of resolving stuff like the resonant highs. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom