Old Skool - Cardiff

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nomme, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Nomme

Nomme Member

Hey I'm Matt From Cardiff

I'm into Drum and Bass but not really into the new sort of Pendulum/chase and status sort of scene.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the music but I'm looking for something a little different.

I'm going to uni after the summer, hopefully, to Glamorgan to study live event technology, rigging and designing lights and video at gigs.

but what I really want is to produce music with one or two people,and bring the music to the stage with truly epic shows! :jacko:

I go to tons of gigs but a lot of them don't impress me, they play music, but what's the point in just listening too the music, you come to be part of a real show!!!

So I'm looking for two people, preferably around my age (17, 18, 19ish) that will produce music with me.

I'm looking for more Old Skool rave music, e.g. Prodigy - Out Of Space or No Good. DnB, e.g. Goldie or shy fx sort of style and something with a bit of a kick, e.g. Pendulum - Slam, Prodigy - Smack My Bitch up. I am also open to other genres as I don't want every song to sound the same.

I also would like people who would like to evolve and develop music over time rather than just stick to one sound.

I sound reeeeaaaallllyyy Picky don't I o_O

I just want people that are open and that will put effort into live shows.

If you are interested in this, or know someone who may be please PM me :D:D:D

That was a fookin essay :/

2. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

Welcome

a tip bro: dont say Pendulum - Slam

3. APERone

APERone YO, SHIT'S MAD ILL SON.

welcome man. Prodigy head eh? I love Prodigy. I would really like to produce, but as I've said on this board before, wrong countries bro

4. Nomme

Nomme Member

HaHa Alright :D
    I was never into that song, I just needed a heavy example.

A little. Saw them last Sunday they were awesome!

I don't wanna make stuff like them, they're just the perfect example for evolving :bump:

Ah. God damn Atlantic ocean:twitchy:

5. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Big up the Diff.

Where in Cardiff you from?

I only produce Hip Hop man, not DnB.

6. Nomme

Nomme Member

I'm from Whitchurch mate. Wat bout you?

Ah Fair nuff

7. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Thornhill.

Used to live in Llandaff North, spent most my teen years on Whitchurch Common.

8. Junglist_007

Junglist_007 learning difficulties

Welcome to the forum bro enjoy your stay.

9. Nomme

Nomme Member

Did you go to Whitchurch high then?

The common...I still go there. I play football there every now and then. I might go in a bit actually...

Thanks for that mate :D

10. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Nah man.... Glantaf.

Know bar heads from Whitchurch High though.

What year you in/would be in?

11. Nomme

Nomme Member

I'm in year 13

I got a mate from Glantaf in my electronics class.

12. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

Sappenin bro, hardluck goin to glamorgan man:rolleyes: lol nah it aint so bad, im in my second at the mo doin electronics. The course your doin looks quite fun!

Im starting to produce a lil d&b here n there but still a big noob, havnt got the time lately but would love to get into it proper soon.

13. Nomme

Nomme Member

HaHA. I'm supposing that you're in the treforest bit right?
    I'm not sure if I'm in there or the atrium...
    Yea. it looks good. I've already got a few lights and stuff and I really want to put on awesome shows.
    I do like electronics though. I'm taking it now in sixth form, definitely my favourite subject.

Nice. I haven't been producing drum and bass for long at all. I've been doing stuff like trance and stuff, but I'm looking for something with a bit more kick too it.
    I know what you mean about time though. My exams are coming up in the next few weeks and I'm bricking it, but I gotta get those grades to get into uni. I've got an interview on Wednesday for Glamorgan, I don't mind interviews at all though, so that's ok.

14. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

Yeah was in trefforest for about a year and a half which ain the madest place in the world but had a had some really good times there, been living with the missus and my newborn for a couple of months now in cardiff :). Im sure that course is still in glamorgan cuz I always see all those guys building massive scaffolding, for the stages and lights shining everywhere lol.

Yea same here about exams in shizzle, soon as they've gone I can get busy doing whatever I like.

15. Nomme

Nomme Member

Nice, I can't be bothered living there though, seeming that I can live cheaply with my dad anyways :D
    Nice, hope everything is going well for you all :)
    Ah sounds like it :D

Exactly. I've gotta start revising soon. It's gunna be a tough month and a half :( But it will be worth it :D
    Wat sort of stuff do you get up to when you're not in uni then? Go to gigs or anything?

16. Jimm

Jimm New Member

Heyy i live in Whitchurch
    im only 16
    but i love Prodigy, Pendulum etc..basicly music with a kick as described above
    i want to start producing but dont have the money to buy expensive programs ,controllers and synths etc :/

17. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

Yeah used go to loads of gigs and raves, but not so much that I've had a kid now but still get out n about when I can. Seeing NOFX in 2 weeks and a few d&b gigs lined up after that for summer time, gna start up skateboarding again in the summer methinks. What about you, what type of places you hang out?

18. Nomme

Nomme Member

Ah yea, you probably go to whitchurch high then, like me :D
    I know what you mean about, expensive equipment and programmes etc... just remember, the internet is at your fingertips :google: thats all I can say...
    but when you get into it, you can only go forward!

Nice. I know what you mean, you can't just go out whenever you want. Awesome, seeing NOFX should be good. I haven't been skateboarding in years, I used to go down Llanishen skatepark all the time!

Well I play football quite a bit, with mates, not for a team. I o to as many gigs as possible, but I don't like going into town, they don't play the right sort of music for me, but when they do people just try to get on each other and don't just go for the music so it can be boring. I've seen all sorts of people in concert though Prodigy to Slipknot to Bob Dylan to Alice Cooper! I love the mosh pits in concerts though and I go a bit ape shit, crowd surfing and everything. That's why I love heavy drum and bass, because they have mosh pits and stuff in them rather than other types of electronic music.

So yea, when I finally get some stuff done and have bought all the lights I need and got the right people with me, I'm expecting to jump in the crowd at certain points to get stuff going! :slayer::D:slayer:

19. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Anyone here goes/been to apeture then?

20. Wellsy

Wellsy Member

Yeah awesome night aperture, only been a handful of times but always a quality night, wish Id seen Alix Perez the other day! :(