old skool bass Sound help ??

elijahsymons

Hey i posted this yesterday but was a right ball bag and forgot to post the link. I was listening to Fliwo's new tune, and heard this bass which sounds kinda a like sub wobble and ive heard it alot in old skool tunes and was just wondering if anyone could help me achieve that sound. wicked tune btw ;)

Cheers ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx7MTPzzEo

Just sounds like two sine waves detuned by some amount with a punchy attack/decay setting to me man
Ofc he probably added some subtle distortion or mono chorus or something to make it sound exactly the way it is, but that's basically the base of it (huehuehuehuheue)

Just sounds like two sine waves detuned by some amount with a punchy attack/decay setting to me man
Ofc he probably added some subtle distortion or mono chorus or something to make it sound exactly the way it is, but that's basically the base of it (huehuehuehuheue)

Cheers man ill give this a go ;)

wow, sounds like a cross between some typical liquid dnb sinewave-based wobble bass and an 808 bassdrum.

i think it's prob layered...
one layer for the low end/sub is either a sampled 808 at different notes or 808-style sub bass created on a synth with a fast pitchbend.
second layer is the mid+ freqencies liquid wobble sound, u can prob get that sound through sine or square waves, 2 oscillators, one of the oscillators +7 semitones and i echo what Sultanare says about the attack/decay and subtle distortion or mono chorus or sine shaper, etc

Back
Top Bottom