OLD School traveller festivals

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Radius, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Do these still happen. I know they kinda became raves, but I wondered if any still happen. Since galastonbury got rid of the travellers field, and let the pigs in , it got really boring
    I was considering Isle of Wight festival, but not sure that is anything close to a proper underground festival with loads a nut nuts and no security / pigs trying to muscle about spoiling the fun. Mob rule for everyone.

2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Theres some travellers up the road from me, we could always ask em to come up White Waltham Airstrip and put on a rave, there was a big one back in the day there, I seem to remember. Transporting things wont be a problem, theyve got horses and chariots.

3. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

They do still happen, but not like the massive 40,000 ppl old uns, going on for days (that I know of), more like a few systems in some woods or on a beach. Not been to any myself but Wales / Bristol / South Coast is where I've heard about them.

Got mates who've been and loved em. Fancy it myself, but not the 2 days wandering about afterwards trying to get home...:rolleyes:

Some massive undergound ones round Europe, google teknival

4. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Squat parties??

5. D BREAKNECK

Outdoor free parties.

A squat party should be in a squatted building, no?

Lotta the same rigs and ppl and mashupness from all accounts, but less dicks and gangsters cos they don't bother travelling and don't wanna get they trainers muddy.:)

6. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Ah ok, yeah we get a lot of them down these ways, some big.. some small but always good fun, only went to a couple this year but aimin to get to a few more next year, there's a lot of them goin on down these ways, squat parties are fun aswell, a few have been quite dark but still good fun, last one i went to was in an old nursery, it was sketchy to say the least

7. Radius

Put it this way bck in the day I reached a few, and tehy had bancds and raves all goin off. Lets keep teh old ears open this summer !!!

PS : JMZ , doubt white waltham would work, I think they still fly planes outa there...I didi find a disused pig farm near West reading. NOt on a big scale, but could be a nice venue for a smaller party

8. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

9. Radius

Aye. I missed that one cos there wasn't room in the car for a 14 yr old.Gutted doesn't even describe. But really any of the old scholl free parties ( actulally u paid on the door) were well friendly , until it started to get to be a place to pick on the ravers and mug them in the corners...as if the rave squad on the case and all the filth wasn't enough ...

10. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

try facebook groups mate ..

i know a lad who goes to a few that he finds out about from facebook. they send you a message of with a mobile number to text on the day, kinda like alot of free partys..

join groups on facebook.

search free partys , also theres loads of psytrance hippy traveller mashup festivals that go on for 2 days and stuff.. omniscience is one i think .. synthesis project .. search free festivals aswell, spiral tech aswell maybe.

google these, and join on facebook and go on the myspaces, send a couple messages and click on a few names and ask questions. then youll find some people that go to these festivals / free partys all the time .

plenty of hippys and travellers sorting stuff out still, rekon youd get some quality drugs aswell.

11. Radius

Mate of mine is in with a couple of soundsystems, and TPK lot are local they run some sick dances, but like you say, a spot of that house hippy vibe would keep it all on a friendly vibe.

Just be nice to step away from that rude bwoy stance for a change.

12. EWOKS

yea.. get all psytrance on some mind bending drugs, with hippy birds wandering around with the wangs out..

but really, it would be just sat in a big circle with different people, chattin gettin high to some trance..

if you go to one festival, then youll meet ..say a group of dreadlocked travellers smoking homegrown ..get chattin then they tell you bout the fee party or festival somewhere else, and you get a number or something, then before you know it you get the connections. i know a lad called josh who does this..he goes on his own sometimes, hes alright, bit of a space cadet.. but the point is, he rekon its a quality atmosphere, everyone just chilled and mashed up ..

be careful tho, youll be tempted to join some hippy family and move into their caravan, live off the fat of the land , and get dreadlocked.

sounds slightly appealing, aslong as you had money for beer and some smoke, and abit of munch itd probs be a nice existence.

depends what you value in life i suppose

13. Radius

Not a great fan of trance, but hell it would be a nice change.

14. EWOKS

yea same.. think it just goes with the acid and mushrooms everyone will be on . everythings worth it for a change..

if i hear of anything goin on ill let you know. think they prob be a fiar bit goin on round bristol area in terms of free partys.

15. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

I love parties like this because they are so different.. prank sound used to run a few round here but not anymore. We got ninja hippies, dmt, tribe of frog, disidence.. playin anythin from acide techno tpure ragga jungle, i just love the vibe.. Callin up the number to find the directions listenin to some1 thats even more fukd than you are is all part of the fun, why dont i go to more!!!

16. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

yeah almost a weekly occurance

17. Radius

NOt sure. Maybe we should get a underground kru going..

18. EWOKS

there you go , does is your man.. if you wanna party in a field, drink local cider bristol is the way.. dose... how do you find out bout free partys? , im sure there should be stuff on the south coast aswell

19. dose.bs1

dose.bs1 THE DADDY

Yeah man, well like you said facebook can be used to find some, but then again facebook has been blamed for a lot of people promoting parties like this too openly and getting shut down just as there gettin good, also people rinsing the same free party spot causes problems.. anyway, free party number are the best way, there used to be loads, i only have one or 2 at the mo, call it on the weekend and it will tell you when and where the party is.. thing is though most of them are in bristol.. I need to get to more!

20. D BREAKNECK