Old School Sub Bass Wobble Phasing Tempo Sync Issue! Help!

thedjnifty

VIP Junglist
Ez people,

So I've been working on a wobbley jungley sub bassline using the method of detuning 2 sine oscillators to create wobbley phasing, which I think is a wicked sound.

Only problem is that the phasing isn't synced to tempo, so the wobbles are out of time, even if I detune the oscillators as precisely as possible for one note to get the phasing close to in time, as soon as I play another note they're out again, and automation isn't really getting the job done either as I wanna add pitch bends which really fucks things up...

So I wondered is there a way of creating that same phasing wobble sound but having it synced to tempo? As far as I can tell there isn't but if there is a way I'd love to know?

Big ups!

Find the note that is in sync, sample it, put it in a sampler and effect it so it stays the same at each pitch. I think if you warp it in ableton this can be achieved in the sampler.

Funny, music production forum thinks ableton is spelt wrong, teehee

Find the note that is in sync, sample it, put it in a sampler and effect it so it stays the same at each pitch. I think if you warp it in ableton this can be achieved in the sampler.

Funny, music production forum thinks ableton is spelt wrong, teehee

Nice one man that could work, still wouldn't be completely in sync though and I'd much rather be able to run things live out the synth than to worry about losing any quality later on by pitching the bass around in a sampler...

Nice one man that could work, still wouldn't be completely in sync though and I'd much rather be able to run things live out the synth than to worry about losing any quality later on by pitching the bass around in a sampler...

Take a look at blokhe4ds masterclass, he does the exact same thing tewky mentioned with a reese, turned out very sick

Just use a volume LFO on a single sine wave synced how you want it. Makes pretty much the same sound.

The whole feel of them Jungle sub wobbles is the fact that it speeds up and slows down depending on what notes you play!! Tunes like Quest would just not be the same if it was all the same speed.

The whole feel of them Jungle sub wobbles is the fact that it speeds up and slows down depending on what notes you play!! Tunes like Quest would just not be the same if it was all the same speed.

You are very right my friend, I think it's actually the lack of tempo sync that really adds to the groove

Back
Top Bottom