Old School Junglist

TheGambit

VIP Junglist
I've been into underground dance music since the 80's hearing my older sister playing house. I then got into hardcore and followed the progression into jungle/drum n bass.

I started mixing in the mid 90's with a preference for the darker side of dnb. I was a big fan of DJ Trace, Ed Rush, Nico, Optical, Dylan etc.

Fell out of the scene around 2002 and stopped buying tunes. I returned in 2006, but didn't really like what I was hearing apart from the really dark stuff from the likes of Dylan, Current Value, Limewax, Tech Itch etc.

I'm now back in love with the scene and mixing dnb again. My favourite label at the moment is Barcode and the producers to look out for are Donny and Lucio de Rimanez.

I must admit the scene has changed alot, dnb is so much bigger now. DJ sets are less varied. A few years ago you'd hear a dj play a set with dark, jump up and intelligent tracks.

Now I find DJ's cater for sub genres rather than play a variation within a set, it's all good though, just shows how big the scene is now.

welcome, tbh i'd like to hear more variety in sets - though that's probably why you should go and see less well known and local djs, who are more likely to play a varied set

Back
Top Bottom