old hand house producer defects

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by discoscience, Oct 3, 2011.

1. discoscience

discoscience New Member

after years of producing house, i decided to have a go at a drum n bass track ( having been an armchair fan since the days of ` Locust` )....

please have a listen and let me know what u think

http://soundcloud.com/discoscience/cutting-up

big thanks

mike, osaka, japan

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

First off, welcome to the forums, this is a great place to be if you're serious about your productions. Lots of good people to help you out.

Now, onto your track. Beat is really simple, but if it's your first try at drum and bass, then you got a good idea already. Bass sounds very basic right now, could definately benefit from some filter modulation to help it move the track. You got some very good ideas in here, just need to work on making those sounds a bit fatter.

Not sure about changing it to the 4x4 beat halfway through.....think you shoulda kept it as drum and bass.

Can definately see your house influences coming through, even if you didnt have the 4x4 beat in the centre lol!

Anyway, you definately got the right idea, I'd suggest listening to alot more different styles of drum and bass so you can gain more knowledge on the genre.

3. dar kist

dar kist KYRO

you got some good flow there bro, just keep going hard at it and you will improve with great pace!! look up how to eq ya drums, and compress,

4. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Sorry to say, but the bass is sounding just silly to me:p and the drums doesent really got it..
    The house part is what i enjoyed most:D:D