Okbron - anyone know about this label?

rythmatix

VIP Junglist
This new label has popped up with pressing of (what seem to be) old unreleased GLR tunes...first was this:
Furney
It's So Good / Let Me Be With You
Okbr001
https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/110656-okbr001-furney

then
Furney / Furney & Tayla
Boot With You (which is the Foul Play - Being With You bootleg) / Familier Looking Colour
Okbr002

now this just appeared:
Pariah
Urban Score / Montage
Okbr003
https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/112232-okbr003-pariah

I have heard Urban Score floating around for a while!

Anyone know what the deal is with this label - is it legit? Are they vinyl-only pressings? Either way I hope they keep coming!!

Russian label, not sure if it's legit or not...

Not so long ago, the idea emerged to expand the format of the Drum'n'Bass Jungle Sale band and establish a physical label that would release vinyl releases with tracks that were not published at any time, as well as with other popular tracks.
The idea is gradually materializing and the first release of OKBRON label is being prepared. The choice of such a name for the label is easy to understand if you are constantly buying records here

The debut release in the form of a 12-inch white apple record will feature two significant (in my opinion and colleagues in the opinion of the workshop) tracks by the English producer Furney - “It's So Good” and “Let Me Be With You”. The tracks should have been released 10 years ago on the well-known giant label, but this was prevented by the global economic crisis and the melting of the Arctic ice.

Pre-order is already available for Russian adepts of vinyl sound. Expected release date - the second half of September. A copy will cost 800 rubles. A total of 300 copies will be printed. Without repressions. The format is only vinyl.

Source: https://vk.com/vinylbackers?w=wall-57168523_2876

Really weird. I would love to get those GLR tunes Bukem is sitting on for years on wax..... Dont know if legit though...

I would really like to know, what the artists say to this, who made the tracks.

Bungle up next on Okbron

Consolidate / Shining

OKBR004 Expected 29 Nov 2019

I would really like to know, what the artists say to this, who made the tracks.
I have a contact with label owner. Some artists refused to sign tracks for the label, 'cause they don't want to spoil relations with Bukem. That's why for instance we may never see "Money's One Thing" on wax, not to mention digital. Bukem obviously has no plan to release any of those dubs and prefers to keep them only for his sets. Furney said to Okbron label owner - I don't give a f*ck, go for it! As far as I heard there is more from Furney coming on Okbron later on.

bungle 12" sounds like it was made 9 years ago during the 'autonomic' era, consolidate has tick tock beats and moody 80's vibes, pretty cool.

Shining sounds like it's from his liquid era, love the guitar....made probably earlier than the above?

Anyway Bungle's a great producer! and yes.... Bukem shouldnt be hoarding music, WTF is that all about lol!?!

I have a contact with label owner. Some artists refused to sign tracks for the label, 'cause they don't want to spoil relations with Bukem. That's why for instance we may never see "Money's One Thing" on wax, not to mention digital. Bukem obviously has no plan to release any of those dubs and prefers to keep them only for his sets. Furney said to Okbron label owner - I don't give a f*ck, go for it! As far as I heard there is more from Furney coming on Okbron later on.
When GLR came back for a short time, I had the hope Bukem would finally release all the dubs and would stop keeping tracks only for him for his sets.... Well, the return of GLR only lasted a short while. I'm glad, that Okbron releases the dubs and hopefully pays the artists in the end. Bukem deserves this tbh.

more Krust-y business

Krust - A1. Arizona b1. Arizona Ii :

Okbron 010

Repress label of the year for me

Last four releases..... Big Bud, PFM / Tayla, Ant 2 Be and Krust have been amazing

Would love to see what else they have coming

Repress label of the year for me

Last four releases..... Big Bud, PFM / Tayla, Ant 2 Be and Krust have been amazing

Would love to see what else they have coming
don't think any of these have been represses? all long lost/squirreled-away dubs as far as I can see!

next one up is Furney...sounding big!

wasn't so big on the Seba one...

G Force - Proximity is after the Seba 12

Yes the infamous lost GLR dub from Bukems 96 essential mix has been remade by G Force and is finally coming out

Back
Top Bottom