Oh the effort!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Recently I have really been struggling to find the motivation to produce. It's weird, it's not like I dont want to anymore, but everytime I open up my DAW I'm blank! Nothing! Everything I try fails, I've got no inspiration at all!!!

I almost feel like I'm afraid to open my DAW for fear of writers block, over and over again!

Now dont get me wrong, I've had the ol writers block on many an occasion, but nothing like this!

Anyway, just thought I'd vent my anguish!

bro, i feel for you i really do. ive been going through an uninspired phase for fucking 2-3 months now. i just dont go up to the studio at all. but when i do, im like mozart and im like why didnt i do this before! then the next day im back in the same old fuck that shit routine. weird. and crap. what program are you using

Been in the exact same position as you two. I just sit there and force it. Make little 16 bar loops, make synth patches, drum patterns etc..

have you considered taking drugs or creating some emotional turmoil in your life so that you can draw from experiences?

no, but its an interesting if somewhat.... illegal and anti social idea. thank you for your input but we do not intend to be criminalized just because our hobby is going a little slow at the moment.

okay how about limiting yourself. so u spend a session only making percussion loops, or synth patches, or cutting vocals out, just one thing, then leave it, come back next time, somethign new, rinse and repeat, soon lots of sounds and along the way u might think fuck this session by session idea iv jus got inspired by spooning around with a bubal tarang sample and off u go to make a nice tune

im in the same boat..n writing a thread n hearing what people had to say helped.

but ive taken a good few days rest from my daw, chilled out a bit n now looking at my daw i dont get the 'i really dont want to make music' feeling
so its a definite improvement.

as with everything...theres the ups n downs, u just got to ride the storm

no, but its an interesting if somewhat.... illegal and anti social idea. thank you for your input but we do not intend to be criminalized just because our hobby is going a little slow at the moment.

lol shut up.
sorry but like it or not dnb was made with drugs in mind.
maybe not nowadays but (and you can argue if you like..i know better) it definatley was.

come and arrest me. lol

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

to add to that, all those that have been there and been well and truly on it will come out with a completley different kind of tune than the text book straight head.
and thats probably half the reason why things arent as random and excellent as they were in the hardcore days.
say what you like but been there done it,and anyone else who was there WILL agree.
the end.

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:47 ----------

and to and to that aswell...i dont take anything these days but my mind has been well and truly opened up from my early days...back in the war ;)

Ya I've been feeling this way lately as well. But for me i think its because my stereo aux inputs crapped out on me and i have to use headphones.

Wouldnt be so bad if i had some better headphones, but all i've got are some Ink'd earbuds. Good for listening, but not so much for producing.

everyone seems to be gettin this at the moment...

I'm not ;);), but i work a lot on my sound design skills, because i've been finding it a lot more fun than actually making tunes. So i've got a real nice ammount of patches to choose from in my patch banks and get inspired from... =)

im sure the holidays will spring some good inspiration :)
also , i find sometimes ill keep trying and trying then ill do something i think is decent and it will be better than the last thing i thought i did decent then that will be followed by half assed attempts that are frustrating and make me wanna quit till some thing decent comes along and seems to upgrade my style .Maybe its just me?

Last edited:
i find some new gear, or softsynth, or even just rearranging fx chains etc really helps me get past the block. get a new plugin or just set something up in an unfamiliar way and start doing some sound tests. pretty soon you'll be rolling

Same problem here at the moment. I blew up my videocard, don't know how it happened think due to it's oldness.
So working on a 24" HD screen with fucking 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution now which gives me a fucked up situation to produce.
Everything is laggy and shit but I found out that due to this I started getting a writersblock. And all this shit happened at a moment were I was having contact with a record label.
So now I can't normally finish my upcoming tracks untill I've got the money for a new videocard.

Same problem here at the moment. I blew up my videocard, don't know how it happened think due to it's oldness.
So working on a 24" HD screen with fucking 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution now which gives me a fucked up situation to produce.
Everything is laggy and shit but I found out that due to this I started getting a writersblock. And all this shit happened at a moment were I was having contact with a record label.
So now I can't normally finish my upcoming tracks untill I've got the money for a new videocard.

Jees that sucks man. :(

Back
Top Bottom