Oh so that's crystal clear then...

Greg P

VIP Junglist
A guy at work just sent me this:

Sorry, for the unclarity. It looks the same, but in Excel lingua it is a different field format. The only negative thing about this is that the format of the document will be even more sensitive than before. And you can't take a time formated field and just turn it into "text" format. Excel will try to recalculate the time into a decimal number... (That's just how Excel works).

So, yes, please test this with one of the existing shotlists. Since the old ones are created with the time format, they will have to be "converted" to text. I found a way to do this: Copy the data from the time column. Paste it into a Word document. Select all in Excel and set the field format to "text". Select the pasted text in the word document. Go to the excel document and paste it into the coulumn usign the "paste special" command. Select "text" format.

Let me know if this is a workable soulution and we'll implement it to Production as well.
Wut?!?!?

He sends me a three line email that I don't understand, I ask what the hell he means and he send me this back...

What the hell am I supposed to say back to this?!?!?!

duffer

Under Mi SensI...........
VIP Junglist

Wut?!?!?

He sends me a three line email that I don't understand, I ask what the hell he means and he send me this back...

come again?

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist

Wut?!?!?

say me no speaka de english

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
DUDE DUDE DUDE DUUUUUUUDE

the catch phrase for american ninja 2:

They thought they had the perfect Drug Ring...
...Joe Armstrong made them think again.

HEAEHAEAHEAHEAHEAH RULE

Greg P

VIP Junglist
I put in a classic staller... I'm busy filling out an application form for another job right now...

Hi Jens,

Ok that's a bit clearer - I'll have a go at this and get back to you later today if that's OK?

Many thanks,

Greg

Shogun

Vinyl Assassin
Looks pretty simple to me :teeth:

He's basically saying that because of the way Excel works by trying to convert whatever you type into a cell you need to make a small format change.

So take out the stuff that's listed in the time column, paste into Word.
Go back to excel select all the (now empty) cells in the time column.
Right click mouse, select format cells.
On the first tab (Number) select text.
Now whatever you type / paste into Excel, will come out exactly as you input it rather than trying to convert it auotmatically....
Go back to Word and copy then paste the original time stuff back into Excel and it should now be as the chap wants it!!

Yahgetsme?? Hope that make sense now??!!

Greg P

VIP Junglist
WHATS IT FOR DICKHEAD
What the job?

Library Manager at a huge sports broadcasting company, I'd manage the whole library, have a team of people underneath me, hire and fire people, the full works...

I've bought a shirt and I cleaned my trainers this morning, that ought to do it....

the interview is at 3, I told work I'm seeing the doctor... That's code for, "I've got an interview for a better job" right?

Greg P

VIP Junglist
DUDE DUDE DUDE DUUUUUUUDE

the catch phrase for american ninja 2:

They thought they had the perfect Drug Ring...
...Joe Armstrong made them think again.

HEAEHAEAHEAHEAHEAH RULE
This, by the way, is amazing...

That's the best tagline for a film ever dude... Maybe I'll get it tatoo'd?

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
Can never understand your replies - can never work out if they're sarcastic, taking the piss or genuine. But then again who gives a feck??!

I was just trying to help a brother out!!
how dare you talk to Logikz in the 2nd party!!

hes always serious, serious as cancer