Oh, how I love dnbforum afternoons

logikz

I Am Not The King
oh my lord, their 1998 aggressor album is pure gold! yeah, you know, I with its black n roll isnt a perfect example actually, because there is also immortal that sounds like I, abbath reused a few of his riffs, you can clearly tell tyrants is behind on days of north wind, or is it the storm i ride... but the other ones are for real, nothing sounds like 1349 and technical black metal might be a contradictory concept, but it really really works, at least on hellfire, and ANs grinding death inspired black metal, kind of thing, if i had to guess, is incomparable too. but yeah I doesnt really belong on that list, even if they are fking amazing.

Dark Lizardro

The Lizard that used to have a hammer
VIP Junglist
oh my lord, their 1998 aggressor album is pure gold! yeah, you know, I with its black n roll isnt a perfect example actually, because there is also immortal that sounds like I, abbath reused a few of his riffs, you can clearly tell tyrants is behind on days of north wind, or is it the storm i ride... but the other ones are for real, nothing sounds like 1349 and technical black metal might be a contradictory concept, but it really really works, at least on hellfire, and ANs grinding death inspired black metal, kind of thing, if i had to guess, is incomparable too. but yeah I doesnt really belong on that list, even if they are fking amazing.
I is basically Immortal without blast beats. And his new band, Abbath, sounds just like Immortal. And if he decides to make polka, then it will sound like Immortal.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Haha! Which isn't a bad thing, necessarily, but nevertheless, sounds like immortal.

logikz

I Am Not The King
For a three man piece they sound crazy don't you think? Abbath playing literally every single instrument and singing at the same time, did you know that he played the drums on that early album where they are credited to another guy? That guy died so in honour of his memory they wrote that he played the drums but acualy it was dolan , and sound like immortal the whole time. The storm of drums that opens up a blaze... is unthinkably good though, don't you think? That lick is insane

Dark Lizardro

VIP Junglist
For a three man piece they sound crazy don't you think? Abbath playing literally every single instrument and singing at the same time, did you know that he played the drums on that early album where they are credited to another guy? That guy died so in honour of his memory they wrote that he played the drums but acualy it was dolan , and sound like immortal the whole time. The storm of drums that opens up a blaze... is unthinkably good though, don't you think? That lick is insane
Yeah, it was someone who died at an early age, and they even made a festival in honour to him, if I'm not mistaken.

Abbath is truly a legend. I watched once a video where he goes explaining some riffs from their "Sons of Northern Darkness", so you can learn them. The funniest thing is that when playing at its normal speed, its perfect. But when he does it at a slower pace so you can follow the notes he's playing, he misses almost all of them.

logikz

I Am Not The King
I knowwww that video is amazing, he really should have his own signature model on like... maybe not bc rich but who ever makes his flying v.

Haha slow it down on the tape

Dark Lizardro

VIP Junglist
@Dark Lizardro DAGNABBIT NOCTURNAL BREED WAS THE TICKET BODO, THAT ALBAM IS THE FUCKING SHIT ALL DAY YOU DO SEE OR ELSE
I know, right? I love their Fields of Rot album. Listen to it pretty much daily!

And one more Abbath: I don't think I'd like a custom axe from him. You see, then I'd need to wear over tight leather pants, with extravagant shin guards, bare chest and an all perfect straignt corpse paint. While sounding like Immortal even when playing "Love me Tender".

logikz

I Am Not The King
dude totally, ok, so fields of rot you say? better than the aggressor albam!?!? dude. no. wai. checking that now. wanna hear what me and my brother are up to, on the black metal front? id have to email it to you cos sendspace is blocked at work. or maybe wetransfer works

Dark Lizardro

VIP Junglist
dude totally, ok, so fields of rot you say? better than the aggressor albam!?!? dude. no. wai. checking that now. wanna hear what me and my brother are up to, on the black metal front? id have to email it to you cos sendspace is blocked at work. or maybe wetransfer works
Wetransfer is good if you want to. Or e-mail. I surely want to listen, bibdo.

Dark Lizardro

VIP Junglist
emailed it NNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEGWAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD
got it, nigga. Gonna listen at home, with proper studio phones just to make that awlfully (but intentional) mix shine a bit more.

Dark Lizardro

VIP Junglist
mah nigga

wuT DAAAA Fuk IZ chu TalkIN ABout, MAn?? CHuu C,,, AH dOn'tttt No EVEmmmm Wut Ah'm WRitin HUrr, NAwt Do Ah NO hW Taaaaaaa $peAk GhetTo engLiSH, OR Nayyy otuhh PIMpp O'' $LAng. $o BASICallee AHH WrOte Al DiShErEE DoWN Yn aaa EnGlIShh Ta GhEttO TraNslaTOrr Ah FOwNd RandOmLee aWn GOogLe