oh dear!

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
bad ace inc. said:
producers want to check this shizzlecheck this
I think that'll really effect people like The Prodigy, Freestylers, Fatboy Slim.. Those kinda people, public eye sample users.

DNB will probably be safe from this since it's a lot more low key, at least I hope it is. There goes classic tunes like 'Bring It On' if it does affect us. Unless it's paid for of course, but I can't see DNB producers doing that.

moriaty

VIP Junglist
"Get a license or do not sample," the court said Tuesday. "We do not see this as stifling creativity in any significant way."
No, not at all :scally:

so, from now on, everytime i find a nice snare in a Bob marley tune, i need to call his sons, Ziggy, permision...
cool, i might meet some neet people this way...

Fak, what does a tight ass judge know about music, and its relevant creativity..

moriaty

VIP Junglist
tv_g said:
with the way we distort samples, i doubt they could ever figure out where it came from. (yn)
good point, but havin said that, in the same way anyone can claim that a part in a song was his originally. And while a claim like that wouldnt stand strongly in court, it could still create a few bad situations between people who claim a certain break is theirs and likewise bollox...

Shit, imagine how much money Dom would get if he sued everone who used the Tramen break...!!!

:rolf: :bounce: