Oh Arse Piss!!!!!!!

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I seem to have gotten myself into quite the predicament here....

I've been having issues with my PC recently, running slowly, freezing etc. So decided to have a right good clean up yesterday! I uninstalled Ableton, Massive and Predator. I backed up my sample packs onto a dvd-disc and then proceeded to remove defunkt software, clean the registry, defrag the disc drives etc etc blah blah blah.

Anyway, I got to reinstall Ableton, Massive and Predator (All legit copies on disc)........and here comes the punchline............

MY FUCKING DISC DRIVE HAS DECIDED TO FUCKING DIE!!!!!!

It'll get to the point where it can read whats on the discs, but whenever I try to copy the contents to my hard drive everything freezes! Every single time! Tried installing right off the disc, same thing! Tried umpteen different discs, all doing the same thing!

SO, to recap, I decide to clean up my PC so it runs smoother, and end up with no VST's or a DAW to continue my hobby on! I cant begin to tell you all how pissed I am right now!

That's a major bummer dude! Got a laptop or anything with a back up DAW you can work on for a bit?

get a new disc drive?
id be furious tho man
feel bad for you

you can pick up new disk drives pretty cheap.

was it doing this before you decided to do the clean up?

I find If you do a disk defrag it can fuck shit up sometimes. Your moving stuff about and sometimes a something might get moved that shouldn't have done. BSOD can occur after a defrag.

Anyway thinking about it. Before you go buying a new one reinstall all your drivers that may be related.

Best of luck.

not sure but it may help... just throwing it out there...

have you tried a system restore? the thing u get in system utilities, or when you reboot your pc in safe mode.
That usually sorts my pc out if it goes tits up. just a suggestion.

gd luck!

you say the hard drive is dead, can u read it? does it make any clicking or whirring noises that it doesnt usually? if it does it's had it, and u'l damage it even more by having it running, only a data recovery company can help with that unfortunetly. if its not makin new noises, u culd try backing up whatever you can onto dvd.

get a new drive, its always a better option to wipe your drive and install windows from scratch rather than trying to fix problems in a 'mature' setup

hope u got another way to make tunes in the meantime

Gutted for you mate.I keep everything backed up twice now,it happened to me before i was fuckin gutted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

This is incredible! Fuck Logic. I'm using this for all my tunes for here on out! :teeth:

See where you are coming from man! Logic is much more accesible but the link I posted is probably the most powerful DAW I have ever used! :lol:

This is not a huge problem, just get yourself to the shop to get a new cd drive, it'll cost you 20 quid max. open your case with a screwdriver and simply remove your old one and replace with the new one, making a note of what plugs go where, simples :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom