Offshore Recordings- OSR017- Graphic ft. Beans "I Am Metal (Martyn's 3024 Robot Mix)"

Raychem

Out in shops now! If you can't find it in your local shop, urge them to order it!!!

Perhaps the most highly anticipated Offshore release ever, Martyn’s remix of Graphic’s cult classic “I Am Metal” (which features avant-garde lyricist, Beans of Warp and Anti Pop Consortium fame) has everyone talking.

Martyn steps up for his first stab at remix duty and we couldn’t be happier with the results! A steppy number that includes his signature Detroit feel utilizes a minimal amount of the original Beans vocal, but is so very effective in doing so. The “I Am Metal” chorus swirls around in the background only to periodically slap you in the face with an over saturated “METAL”. A Deep bassline, swirling pads and gritty synth- this is next level Offshore!

Switching things up on the flip is an original by Graphic. “Heroine” features a rough drum kit juxtaposed with lush keys and discordant bleeps and blips. Additionally, the track includes historians speaking on the Salem Witch Trials- “…her husband and daughter were hanged as well for good measure.” This type of sound has not been heard since the experimental days of Reinforced, but don’t take our word for it.

DJ Support from DJ Flight, Fabio, Marcus Intalex, Doc Scott, DJ Lee, Mathematics, Commix, Calyx, Breakage, Alleycat

Also, be sure to check out Graphic's alter ego, MegaDynasty4! His EP entitled "Implosion" is available now exclusively on Bleep.com. The release also marks Offshore's first digital only release, marked OSRDIG001!

Back
Top Bottom