Multi Genre Official Dnbforum/Detached Audio Remix Compo NYE 2015

Ok folks, I'm getting involved as well.
Read about the comp last week but have only just got round to having some time to put something together now...
Count me in! :)

Fuck it. I'm in and I'm bringing the house.

Disclaimer: I've never produced house.

I don't like house

Just change the tune to 130bpm, put a stonker of a 4/4 on it, and layer your trademark "House Music All Night Long" over the top. Rest don't stand a chance imo. Shit I should have pmed you this and got a credit.

Just remembered: One of the contestants sent me a PM asking about the scale used in this song: It's plain D natural minor. Some sounds might not seem like notes from that scale just because of layering and detuning, but they follow the D-E-F-G-A-Bb-C scheme of said scale.

C'mon guys! New year, a great compo and one more month foy you to come up with those twisted music of yours!

@Derelicts Of Tomorrow, na ah. You're gonna make a song. And you're gonna send it before the deadline. And hopefully you'll make it to the finals!

@Strobys one more month, mate. Plenty of time for you to come up with something quality!

@scrTchs Any style, any genre. But please don't come up with trap, ok? No trap. In fact, I think I'll make a joke trap track out of this.

lol i want to see how you're going to pull this off.
It's pretty simple, you see? Lots of 808 kicks layered with simple sine wave subs, repeating rolling hat patterns, 808 snares here and there (maybe rolling as well), downtuned sounds and screeching sirens. Put some vocal samples as well and voi la. Trap tune right there.

Im on it as well, hopefully this time I will finally finish the track..Can somebody write me every few days if I made something or was gaming all the time so I feel bad about myself?:teeth:

Im on it as well, hopefully this time I will finally finish the track..Can somebody write me every few days if I made something or was gaming all the time so I feel bad about myself?:teeth:

Just break your copy of Fallout 4 and get right into the remix. Make it to the finals, win the compo and you can buy another copy!

JUST DO EET!

Oh yea, my remix is starting to come together now. I'm having some trouble with the mix down and bridging the different parts though.

Back
Top Bottom