OFFICAL > HANG THE DJ THREAD !!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

OFFICAL > HANG THE DJ THREAD !!!

OK PARTY PEOPLE ITS TIME TO LET OFF A FEW ANGRY WORDS ABOUT WHICH DJS DID WHAT BLAH BLAH THAT SO PISHED YOU OFF YOU'D PUT THERE NAME FORWARD TO BE HANGED.......

NOW....

DEAR HANG THE DJ THREAD ...

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT FORWARD MYSELF "MR TPI" TO BE HANGED CAUSE ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE 1 HAS TINCKLED WITH TURNTABLES AND I WANT TO BE HANGED CAUSE IF YOU HAD HEARD THE TRAINCRASHING COMING FROM MY ROOM TONIGHT YOU'D ALL SAY >> GIVE IT A REST / TIMES UP >> SHOULDNT OF COME OUT OF RETIREMENT << WELL SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES ....

SO PLEASE PLACE FORWARD THE DJ TO BE HANGED AND WHY ...

AS GROOVE SAYS >> NAME N SHAME << :rslayer: :D :rslayer: :D :rslayer: :D

2. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Tiesto for fucking turning the dance floor into the stadium floor and the guy who spins the records to make people dance into a rockstar to be worshipped.

3. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

thankyou tpi ive always wanted to tell grooverider how much of a miserable old git he is, me an $mart went to herbal a few months bak and he was playin after mampi dropped an amazing set, and then grooverider waddles along stoned off his tits on some nice smelling bud and proceeds to mix, if thats wat you wanna call it?
    I requested a few tunes and he just looked at my phone in the whole huh ive never seen a fone before look, and then gives another look of pure disgust cause i picked at the drive in (and this was back in the day before any1 heard about it) and the flat out ignores me, in his defence he did eventually drop the tunes but, a. it was in the worst way possible, an b. he couldve said something about him having it wiv him?
    I just grew very bitter towards him, after hearing how cocky he is aswell i mean he aint no real dj!
    Long live B2B $lick n $mart sets! we dont need no grooverider!

4. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Id say....

Brockie (get some new tunes and mixing lessons)

Bassline Smith (that set at Breakneck a few years ago was a disaster - clang, took the tune out (T-10 I think), clang, took the tune out again and went to mix it in the final few bars of the tune....you guessed it CLAAAANG!!!) :monkey:

Anyone agree/disagree? :andy:

5. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

dont know really, all djs ive seens been real tight, i think i heard dylan mess up for a few short seconds at a major leauge party once. the major malfunctions been the sound system, the most mindblowing stupidity, like when the system flickers on and off for a bit and then dies in the middle of a noisia gig and the crowds like literally :wtf:

6. Flatmatt

Flatmatt Member

not cos theyre neccesarily bad DJ's but,

Tiesto - for being a Dutch cunt (and an unimpressive DJ)
    Tim Westwood - for being an annoying cunt
    Paul Oakenfold - for being a sell out cunt
    DJ Sammy - for being a silly cunt
    And Grooverider, cos i know a promoter who used to work for Helter Skelter 'bout 10 years ago, and he says the GR always was a bit of a, well....cunt!!
    :mad:

7. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I dunno about 'requests'...

Can you hold that against a DJ? If people ask me at Breakneck can I ask the DJ to play "X" (which happens quite often) I just say "no", cos you trust the DJ to play what they play (and u want to hear that), or else they wouldn't be playing there, or you shouldn't go to hear them...

And you say he eventually dropped them, maybe he had his next 4 or 5 mixes worked out, and then worked out mixes to reach what you wanted...

Grooverider's always been decent with us...And if it was his own night, I'm sure he reserves the right to be a little mashed up...

Also a lot of DJs will give very blank looks if you disturb them or get in their space cos they'z deep in concentratin.

8. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Maybe Westwood for refusing to play UK hiphop, preferring instead to 'drop' Mariah Carey 3 times in a row (and RnB), on his 'hiphop' show.

9. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

I had a similar experience wit GR he completely ignored my reques
    I understand you dont want ppl running at you in the mix....but atleast nod yur head you friggin pompuss ass?
    GR=The Black Elvis

ohh yea,....jon B sux a fat pole:pat:

10. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Saw him. Laughed my tits off.

The next night I got thrown out of a club for the only time in my life (you know my age and you know I like it large sometimes but I'm always courteous and fairly coherent) when I took the piss out of Scooter.

11. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

bad ace is shit his bladdy scratchin ! who does he think he is dj sy....:dynamite:

12. sidekickmc

sidekickmc MEDICINE?

fresh...for turining up at rotation a while ago late, playing a half hour of shit and demanding full payment -whilst being an arrogant little cock

and for churning out incredibly dull/unimaginative tunes for the past 3 years or so, that seemed to dominate the dnb mainstream far too much for my liking

13. Sammy Dexcell

Sammy Dexcell Stop editing my profile Smarty!

i dj its not that hard to be safe to your crowd and not act like a miserable cunt while mixin?
    Obviously he's been doing it for ages and shit but it was my mates b day we went to have a good time and mostly see mampi but then grooverider came on to follow mampi and ruined it completly we even left cause he was in such a shitty mood lean off his tits 'concentrating' on the worst mixes ever possible for the tune he wanted to bring in...clashin b-tard!:ban:
    its not coz he took so long to play the requests its just he acted like a complete prick about it, wen imo askin for at the drive in aint such a bad request (bearing in mind it was just coming out then-and i knew he had it!)

14. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

yeh backing up $phinxters statement.
    YES GROOVERIDER IS A COMPLETE UTTER CUNT AND SHOULD BE STRUNG UP BY HIS NUTS AND PRODDED WITH STINGING NETTLES.
    He had some nice smelling bud though.
    @jay walker:
    Definately agreed with the whole Brockie/ SBS thing. Brockie NEEDS more dubs and to learn how to drop a tune properly.

15. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

O M G !!! MORE SLATING THAN A CHURCH ROOF GOING ON IN HERE ??????????? :fuckjoo:

16. sparkyc10

sparkyc10 Kentish Junglist

Fresh and Adam F for releasing Junglesound Gold without Pendulum's consent :shake:

17. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Marky for not turning up at Revolution in Reading last night ...Big up to Fabio for covering !!!

LTJ Buckem is bad for not turning up and Peshay did it to Freeformz in Basingstoke.

18. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

WORD!!!!!

Fucking Brockie is awful man... i havnt got a good tape with him on. For someone who has been in the scen so long...how are you still so pants on the decks mate! ....and u get paid loads .....

im sure hes a nice guy ...but ... well...

I dont want to let the lid off this little can of worms cos ive heard some terrible sets from certain DJ's in the past...

A certain one that springs to mind....

Bad Company at the dnb 'awards' at Helter Skelter. Fukin terrible! ...emabarassing....
    (Vegas and Maldini):gaywhite:

and i have met Fresh and he seemed like a nice bloke. But i have hated everything hes done since leaving bad co. except for Signal....his sound juts rubs me the wrong way.....i dont get the whole Breakbeat Kaos / Pendulum sound....(IMO)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  19. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

sorry but im dead against the requests thing...

In fact i think if you do that you should be chucked out of the club.....haha! ...but i suppose being made to look like a bit of a c@nt is juts as bad! lol!

If when im playing someone asked me to play a certain tune (which normally involves someone half pissed shouting whilst you strain to hear the mix) i would use the famous technique of looking blankly and saying nothing until they piss off!

oi..mate mate...you got Shake Your Body...play that ...oi mate mate....etc etc...

Whe i used to play at Ponana in Reading it was easy for people to get inot the booth and the amount of fucking twat faces i got waving their hands under my nose trying to get my attention...rahh...when you got a proper set more or less mapped out its pointless to ask for requests most DJs wont do it

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  20. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Weird, I've seen Brockie tear it down here before,probably depends on how much he's had to smoke that day ... same prob goes for a lot of other DJ's too hehee!

What I dont get are DJs that play the same similar unimaginative selection week in week out (sometimes on the same night just down the road!!)... many producers who've crossed onto the DJ circuit are guilty of this, and if I must name any names I'd say Adam F is a prime offender!