Drum & Bass Oetah - New tunes

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Oetah, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Oetah

Oetah New Member

Hey guys, I recently got back into production and made a couple tunes :D. I hope you like
    pm on soundcloud for 320

Thanks for listening and have a good day!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    maschinistom likes this.
  2. Polymer

Polymer Member

Creeper's my favourite. [​IMG]

3. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Creeper is the one for me. Nice sound and crisp production.

Only thing I can add is that I think it could do with an extra element around 1:30 as the slow sweeping pad doesn't provide quite enough variation to carry it through to the breakdown in my opinion. The same beats and bassline have been rolling for a minute with any noticeable variation at this point. Might also pull down the splashy hit that sits on some kicks a few dbs as well as it seems to sit out in front of the other drums. Thats really finding fault for the sake of it though, enjoyed this one. Nice work.

Wicked logo as well.

4. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Sounding tight! You're experienced.. Its not really my style of DnB so maybe thats the issue but I would like it have some variation and as Rounder said the ride on the kick can be a bit lower in volume :)

5. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

creeper is a punch in the face ... all sits well in the mix, excellent production !! :D
    authentic also a good track, not as exciting as creeper, more a deeper version of it.
    I can hear the guys from noisia probably live in your street or the next block ;)

6. Oetah

Oetah New Member

Thanks! Im from the netherlands aswel but i live on the otherside of the country :). (Southwest). Worse, there is no.scene here at all!

7. Misti

Misti Faunix Audio Mastering

Creeper is a roller man, great work! The transitions are really nicely worked and diggin the vocal sample, reminds me of classic loefah vibes. I feel like the kick gets lost in the fray a tad as you have the subs masking the low end and the reese's masking the beater top end, nothing substantial though I'm trying pretty hard to find much to critique in here!

Authentic is wild man I think I prefer this one. Really wild jungle vibes with that vocal sample. Same critique as with Creeper, I find the drums to get a bit lost in here, and as much as I love it that vocal/animal/synth sample comes in a bit too loud as it peaks. May I suggest experimenting with low - cuting your kick at 100Hz to sit it ontop of the subs, this is a classic jungle technique and means you can then really crank your drum bus whilst really letting your subs breathe

8. TinnitusD&B

TinnitusD&B Member

Creeper - I love a roller that repeats without too much variation but the drums could be spiced up a touch in parts. Not too keen on the crash on every first beat either. Other than that good work man.

9. Oetah

Oetah New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys I love it! Misti I love how you recognized my influences and thanks for the tips!!