Odysee Recordings

zeroec

So they are back.
In case you dont know what Odysee Recordings is, they released the first Source Direct tunes in 94-95. And a Photek 12" under the name of Phaze 1.

Stuff like 'Future London' and 'Bewildered'.

I discovered they are back, when i checked the discogs label page and noticed a link to a website.
To my delight they offer their backcatalogue as a digital download. Very cheap as well: a WAV for 99p.

Here is the problem: i bought seven tracks, paid via paypal, and the problems began. At first no download link appeared, there was a countdown and processing but no links. A refresh didnt help. In the end i used a download link in my receipt email. Then it worked.
Kind of.
All tunes except one downloaded, but later i discovered a lot of them are missing the end. They just cut off.
Sent them an email on sunday, but to this day no reply. I tried again today from their website.

Anybody has any experience with this site ?

that sucks. if theyre not responding to emails there isnt much you can do

is their digi store unique to the site or is it hosted by somewhere like databeats (for example)

is their digi store unique to the site or is it hosted by somewhere like databeats (for example)
Hard to tell. It all seems to work automatically.
I guess thats what they are relying on, and why nobody is reading the emails.

Im also surprised Jim from Source Direct hasnt mentioned the site on his twitter.
He seems to know, they also speak of collaborations and remixes with him.

Wow looks like a half assed cash grab are you sure the site is legit? Sounds Russian

Wow looks like a half assed cash grab are you sure the site is legit? Sounds Russian
No im not.
But they do have a facebook account, and real new content. And a link on discogs.
At least some of it is real.

Maybe i should create a twitter account and ask Jim from Source Direct....

EDIT: sent the message, now lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Update: i found a tweet by mr. Source Direct himself that seems to proove Odysee Recordings is legit.

SD_tweet.png

Yet they're selling incomplete tracks fuvking lol
Yeah, i have no idea if the download just cut the track or if they were uploaded incomplete.

Then again weird files arent that unusual. When Skynet sold his backcatalogue for the first time on Digital-Tunes i got +8% pitched tunes and whatnot.
Wasnt a big deal because i could edit it with Audacity.

Or the Sci Clone tune that was the intro only.

Or that J.Majik tune that is a completely different tune.

Same on 31 Recordings. Cant remember what is was, but it was a completely different tune, from a different label even.

A huge apology is in order people! I've just come back from holiday to the emails about the problems! So, as ZeroEC has correctly said, we are having some strange issues with some of the files (although all the test purchases when we set the e-shop up were fine). Just to reassure you...
Yes- Odysee is back in operation and yes- Jim, Tilla & myself are behind this (not any pretenders!!)
I will repost once everything is working correctly.
Many apologies once again for the confusion & issues people.

Update- got to confirm but 1st port of call is server bandwidth having an issue with en-mass download if full catalogue. Going to rule this out first but appreciate the patience whilst we sort the technological teething problems

Update- got to confirm but 1st port of call is server bandwidth having an issue with en-mass download if full catalogue. Going to rule this out first but appreciate the patience whilst we sort the technological teething problems
Thanks breh out boy zeroc was on suicide watch !

Haha! I can understand! Really appreciate the love for Odysee from everyone- we'll sort it real soon and then all will be well! Plus there's some new remixes (No Tomorrow & Phaze 1 are done already) so watch out for them & some brand new gear too. Man see how I'm old school- this digi stuff is a headache when it goes wrong- never bought half a record!!!

Wanted to tell y'all that everything is solved now.

Jim SD never replied on Twitter, but Andy Odysee did a splendid job of getting everything sorted.
I got several apologies, he was very polite and seems like a really nice guy.
He sent me my tunes via soundcloud, one at a time, investing a lot of time and effort and they are all proper.

I also have to say, the Cloaking Device remix of Future London, is very nice. Does not sound very much like old SD, but a lot like old Teebee/BLS !
Free download too (192kpbs though, any chance for a better bitrate ?):

My pleasure Zeroec and thanks for the positive vibe on here. Going to look into the issue with the downloads today and see what the problem is. When we did test purchases we only did 1 at a time not a bunch so I suspect that could be the problem. But glad you got all the music alright. The Future London remix only 192kps! Disgraceful! I'll send you over a wav:)
Jim's currently busy with the SD stuff- including the remixes with Nonplus so that's why he didn't respond on the Odysee front- but any issues don't hesitate to drop me a line:)
I think when the Phaze1 & No Tomorrow remixes drop you'll here more of the old SD vibes- more drum choppage & sinister. Look out for them:)

Andy Odysee did a splendid job of getting everything sorted.
I got several apologies, he was very polite and seems like a really nice guy.
He sent me my tunes via soundcloud, one at a time, investing a lot of time and effort and they are all proper.

+1 to this. Andy is a really sound guy. He got all the tracks I had issues with sorted for me in the end. All sounding absolutely CRISP. No vinyl rips here. Pure DAT/WAV freshness. Getting these tracks in HQ digi is is one of the best things to happen this year music wise. Total recommendation. Shame other labels from BITD aren't doing likewise. Big up Zeroec for for starting this thread.

Back
Top Bottom