Drum & Bass October 2012 Wax

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by oldskoolhrdcore, Oct 7, 2012.

1. oldskoolhrdcore

oldskoolhrdcore New Member

October 2012 Wax, foreign concept/break/Chris SU

30 mins of new and a couple of old tracks... peace

big ups and cusses all welcome :p

1/ Spectrasoul - organiser (foreign concept remix)
    2/ Chris SU - Elevation
    3/ Wickman, Hoodlum & Mavrik - One scratch
    4/ Break - Get up
    5/ Frankee - Firethorn
    6/ JB & DJ Spice feat The dark angel - The bom bom track
    7/ ?????

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. oldskoolhrdcore

3. oldskoolhrdcore

4. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Re: October 2012 Wax, foreign concept/break/Chris SU

Thought I would peep this oldskoolhrdcore, the tracklist looked tempting. Organiser rmx played through to the second part of the tune before Elevation came in. Would have liked to hear it come in for the first part of the Organiser rmx. I initially enjoyed the punched through teases for the intro of Elevation when that started coming in. Would have liked to hear Elevation come in after the second 32 bars from the second drop, rather than the fourth 32 bars, as Organiser starts on the outro by this point. Again most of the second half of Elevation played before One Scratch came in. Few tweaks in there where the mix. Liked the chopping up when keeping Elevation in though. Nice to hear Get Up mixed in a bit sooner after the breakdown in One Scratch. Tiny blip. Wouldn't have put a rewind in the mix around Firethorn either. Personally, rewinds should only be for raves if the crowd / mc is asking for them. It breaks up the mix too much otherwise. Bom Bom Track & the last tune didn't really sit with the initial flavour of the mix.

What do you mix on might I ask?

Have to mention the ratio of 7 tunes in 30 mins man. Bit on the minor side, just saying. As I mentioned to a guy on here the other day, try aiming for 3 tunes every 10mins. Thats not unrealistic & keeps the energy of the mix flowing a little more. Essentially, getting the tunes mixed in sooner after the second drops.