OctaMED production

Haha, no, not really. I used to work with trackers years ago. Seriously, it was 10 years ago when VSTi's weren't big at all.

I've tried going back to them from time and time again but it's just too limited imo. Haven't tried Renoise though, I asked once what sequencer would run on a netbook and someone recommended it.

Yeah I find it limiting sometimes but it makes me be more creative only having 4 channels to work with. I've tried reason but the learning curve too steep. I like to push the little box of tricks to the limit. Besides I've always liked that Raw analog sound the Amiga sound ship creates. Being able to make jungle breaks like they were made 10 or more years ago appeals to me greatly.

I'm hoping to find like minded people who still use it. Share ideas and the like. He'll even swap .iff samples.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Renoise's GUI just looks very daunting. I don't think I could start learning another tracker now as I don't reallyhave the time but maybe I should try a new sequencer. How easy is cubase?

Cubase is meant to be amazing! But I cant get my head around it at all! I've had in since just before christmas, but I just seem to be able to manage my workflow better in FL Studio.

I will get round to learning it one day though.....I wont give up lol!

see....you may as well be speaking a different language to me mate lol!

It's not like I dont wanna learn it, it's just whenever I open it up I'm lost, and anything I want to do in there I know would take me half the time in FL because I already know how to use it.

I think next time I get writers block would be a good time to go play around in there, that way I'm not focusing on getting an actual track down

'Playing around' is not very effective tbh. You can get some wonderful tutorials off the web for free, or pay a few dola to buy one on a dvd. Music mags often have how-to's as well. Just start with something simple and set a goal that's not too hard to achieve (don't start making a complete track haha) like "today I will create drums using just audio" or "I want to learn how to route audio in the mixer". If you get something cool, you can bounce that out and create a tune of it in FLStudio. Step into it gradually. That worked for me at least, with Reaper. Now I use them both. FLStudio for creating the track and Reaper for the mixdowns and audio editing.

Hey ben. What tune was the 'drilly' bit? I'm in the process of upping more in HQ only. I might the naff audio one re-recorded somewhere. Thanks for taking the time out to listen to my octamed efforts. I'm currently doing another hardcore breaks tune. Trying to make it like they use to in 93.

Any chance you know where I can find a wav of the basslines used in dred bass? The warping bass. Think it was also on arsonist. I don't know what it's called and I've only got a naff sample of it.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom