Obey - Kerb Clothing Competition Mix (Tribal buziness)

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Thought i'd have a crack at a mix for the Kerb competition so recorded this one this evening. I really wanted to do something abit different and with a theme running throughout the whole thing, and I got quite a bit of positive feedback for that 'Black Forest' mix i did last year (the tribal'y one), so I whacked together a tracklist with that in mine.

Really love mixing this sound as well, and im a right sucker for tribal drums... So here it is! Have a listen and see what you think.

01. Mr Foul - Hills of Zion [Translation]
02. J.Robinson & Mental Forces - Two Faced [Architecture]
03. Genotype - Above Politics [Exit]
04. J.Robinson - Distant Rain [Tribe12]
05. Untouchables - Black Tears [Tribe12]
06. Mindmapper & Flatliners - Lemon Haze [Translation]
07. J.Robinson & Shyne - Dark Sanctuary [Architecture]
08. Overlook - Indra [N/A]
09. Morphy - Black Velvet [Voodoo]
10. Velocet - Idle Hands [Voodoo]
11. Untouchables - Mystic Revelations [Tribe12]
12. Loxy & Resound - Depth Excess [Exit]
13. Loxy & Resound - Civil War [Translation]
14. Theory - Final Confrontation [Translation]
15. Wayfarer - Fall of the Zulu [Tribe12]

Feedback and all that jazz much appreciated. :)

Ha, just spotted this on SC. Damn son, I don't need any more competition :teeth: Gonna spin this tomorrow and return with some feedback, liking tribal stuff myself alot, so expecting big tings!

Ha, just spotted this on SC. Damn son, I don't need any more competition :teeth: Gonna spin this tomorrow and return with some feedback, liking tribal stuff myself alot, so expecting big tings!
Thanks dude! Got so many of these to listen to, stu's new one in particular. Toooo many good mixes on this forum at the min, cant keep up!

Last edited:
Alrighty...this was fucking sexual.

admittedly I was so stoned I laid back on my bed last night headphones on and jammed out hard to this mix.

The vibes in this mix were unreal...you certainly hit the tribal tip very very well.
As you well know this isn't my usual style, but I use yours and Jack's mixes when I struggle to sleep and just want to chill out in the middle of the night...this hit the spot perfectly bro.

I have to say I still rinse one of your older Autonomic mixes which I probably rate more than this, but I rate the fact you've tried something different here and really pulled it off.

Smooth transitions, clean vibes. really digged this.

Looking forward to see how you tie up the forum mix with great anticipation.

Big up.

Oh wow !! When i read tribal, i thought nahh, but you werent joking !! This is the kinda mix iv been after for along time - Straight up TRIBAL haha

really really enjoyable mix, do not play or hear enough of these kinda beats, so when i do find something i frigging love it, and this is one of those times
from start to finish just had me hooked, i dont even know one of these tunes, but love the way there produced.. kinda difficult to point out what mixes i enjoyed but specially enjoyed around 13-16minutes, would love to know what those tunes were please ?
mixing was tight through-out and everything blended well, just downloaded it too ;)

well this was fucking excellent! easily my favourite mix of yours so far and one i'll be drawing for in the future. like stu said its all about the late-night listening and i can imagine this being perfect for it, just got such a vibe to it, sorta tearing and calming at the same time i dunno sumit like that! you know about that translation LP too, pure fire all the way through

good luck in the comp man, one of a kind flex on this one!

Alrighty...this was fucking sexual.

admittedly I was so stoned I laid back on my bed last night headphones on and jammed out hard to this mix.

The vibes in this mix were unreal...you certainly hit the tribal tip very very well.
As you well know this isn't my usual style, but I use yours and Jack's mixes when I struggle to sleep and just want to chill out in the middle of the night...this hit the spot perfectly bro.

I have to say I still rinse one of your older Autonomic mixes which I probably rate more than this, but I rate the fact you've tried something different here and really pulled it off.

Smooth transitions, clean vibes. really digged this.

Looking forward to see how you tie up the forum mix with great anticipation.

Big up.
Cheers Stu! Really good to know you still like my older mixes, glad you're feeling the ideas and atmosphere's I try to create in them, means alot man.
Cant wait to do my piece in the forum mix if im honest! Got quite a way to go yet but really looking forward to it.

Oh wow !! When i read tribal, i thought nahh, but you werent joking !! This is the kinda mix iv been after for along time - Straight up TRIBAL haha

really really enjoyable mix, do not play or hear enough of these kinda beats, so when i do find something i frigging love it, and this is one of those times
from start to finish just had me hooked, i dont even know one of these tunes, but love the way there produced.. kinda difficult to point out what mixes i enjoyed but specially enjoyed around 13-16minutes, would love to know what those tunes were please ?
mixing was tight through-out and everything blended well, just downloaded it too ;)
Haha, yeah man!
Nice to know you're feeling it mate, as ive said before really respect labels like Tribe12 & Voodoo pushing the soley tribal sounds. Great feedback aswell dude, cheers!
Track around 13 mins is Mindmapper & Flatliners - Lemon Haze

well this was fucking excellent! easily my favourite mix of yours so far and one i'll be drawing for in the future. like stu said its all about the late-night listening and i can imagine this being perfect for it, just got such a vibe to it, sorta tearing and calming at the same time i dunno sumit like that! you know about that translation LP too, pure fire all the way through

good luck in the comp man, one of a kind flex on this one!
Whoa! did not expect that from you tbh jack! haha, but cheers dude! For sure, Black Velvet is still a massive fave of mine, really crammed full of deep jungle atmosphere, Idle Hands is another wicked one. And yes! Picked up that Translation LP the other day, Final Confrontation man, what the fuck?! Absolute banger
Thanks man, lets hope they dig it :)

In love with this mix, wicked stuff mate! From start to finish one big tune after another, all mixed well, insane flow, when that Civil War tune came in I almost shat myself, vibes! Definitely made for listening, gonna grab it off soundcloud, stick it to my iPod and rinse it. Looking strong in the competition me thinks, good luck! :)

In love with this mix, wicked stuff mate! From start to finish one big tune after another, all mixed well, insane flow, when that Civil War tune came in I almost shat myself, vibes! Definitely made for listening, gonna grab it off soundcloud, stick it to my iPod and rinse it. Looking strong in the competition me thinks, good luck! :)
Thanks alot man, glad you're feeling it!

Back
Top Bottom