Obey - Autonomic Studio Mix October / November

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by Sicx, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

October & Novembers's Autonomic mix is now up by myself. As usual features lots of deep, minimal & ambient bits and i've tried to make the mixing & flow as smooth as possible.
    Big up to Guise for sending bits over, definatly one to watch, really really high production quality. Also big thanks to our very own Jack Smith for letting me use his latest tune!

Tracklist:

01. Obey - Labyrinth of the Mind [N/A]
    02. They Live - Cancel Standard [Exit]
    03. ASC - Something Caught My Attention... [N/A]
    04. Guise - Arcane [N/A]
    04. RQ - Paper Heart [Terrain]
    05. Stray - Follow You Around [Blu Mar Ten]
    06. Guise - Chimera [N/A]
    07. ASC - No Time Like the Present [N/A]
    08. Jack Smith - The Pledge [N/A]
    09. Sam KDC - Symbol #8.3 [Auxiliary]
    10. ASC & Sam KDC - Cesium 137 [Auxiliary]
    11. RQ - Surface Tension [Terrain]

See what you think & as usual feedback, criticism, faves, downloads and everything very much appreciated! :)

Fallen.GeMiNi likes this.
  2. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

Been a while since I've listened to one of your mixes. Need to fix that, this one looks lovely :)

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

yes yes sicx. right on this pal looks tasty as fuck!

4. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

so nice joe, knew it'd be sick from the tracklist. can't believe i had no idea about those RQ bits, will have to pick up that album both of them sounding lovely. labyrinth is noice too. mixing was very tight, gotta say i was a bit intimidated with the pledge stuck next to 8.3 so thanks for doing my tune justice haha, appreciate the support a lot. standardly quality man

5. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Cheers you two, be good to get your feedback!
    Yeah man RQ album is sick, better than his one on Auxiliary imo, been rinsing surface tension. Labyrinth was just a play about really, i loved that sample and thought it made a good intro so just stuck a little atmosphere with it.
    Haha no worries at all, i love how minimal it is and didnt want to overpower it, be good to hear more bits by you. As usual cheers for the feedback man

6. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

standard.

Labyrinth of the Mind is awesome (y)

Sicx likes this.
  7. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Thanks dude!

8. Fallen.GeMiNi

Oh man, this was lovely! I have to admit I'm not familiar with most of the tunes (in fact, I only know Follow You Around and The Pledge) and I don't usually listen to anything like that, which made it all even better! Perfect for the current weather outside, proper chilled out yet moody, I really loved the overall vibe and flow of this. Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for another mix of yours! Btw do you by any chance have a 320/WAV of this mix? Would really love to burn it to a CD, so a better sound quality would be appreciated :)

9. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Thank you man, very much apprecaited. Ahh yess always try to use bits people may not have heard of :) Really glad you're liking it though man, i'll upload a 320 onto dnbshare now for you. The second half of the August / September mix sorta has this kind of vibe so have a listen if you fancy.
    Also, need to listen to your latest mix asap! Looks damn tasty

10. Fallen.GeMiNi

Cheers mate! I shall have a listen then :)

11. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

12. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

I'll have a bit of that Sicx. Love a bit of deep, minimal & ambient from time to time. Wicked intro with the vocal into the steady step of Cancel Standard was cool. The deep notes in Arcane were beautiful. Those notes sound like some sort of distant memory scene for a film. Paper Heart was a peach. Must start playing Follow You Around more. Mainly played the flip since I've had it. Chimera sat well in the end of Follow You Around. I liked how the beat of Chimera really peaked over the drums in Stray's tune. No Time Like the Present blended nicely on the back of Chimera. Jack's tune tied itself in with the whole mix, the chunchy beat of that drum is fairly powerful & punches the tune out from the tunes mixed either side of it. Love the high end whispery flecks in Symbol #8.3. Surface Tension rounded proceedings off well. Subtle vocal echoes work nicely in ambient tunes & that tune doesn't fail to hit all the right buttons.

Not heard 8 of the tunes in there, which made for a pleasing listen with all seamless mixes :) nice work man!

13. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Thanks alot Watcha!
    Loving all this in depth feedback you guys are giving at the min, really helps

Agent Smith likes this.
  14. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

had a listen to this a few times...love a deep mix when I'm suffering from insomnia. had this on very early this morning, was perfect.
    very few tunes I knew in the TL. Like the fact i'm being introduced to deeper sounds I don't really know.

Don't really think you need to much of an in depth feedback tbh. Your flow in this mix is really good...keeps a really good vibe going the whole way through, which you were looking to do so big ups :2thumbs:

really like the Guise dubs too (Arcane & Chimera) also good to see some forum heads with some tracks in a mix. Jack Smith's - The Pledge which I've never heard before sat really well in this mix...might have to bag an MP3 - Jack!!?

Certainly a go-to man for the deeper styles. You've never disappointed in a mix i've listened of yours Sicx.

Big up & of course looking forward to your bit in the forum mix.

Sicx likes this.
  15. Sicx

Sicx Well-Known Member

Great feedback Stu, thanks alot man much appreciated. Really looking forward to getting on the forum mix actually, hoping to do something abit different! So thanks man :)

Also, bump for anyone else interested

16. Mish Mash

Mish Mash Well-Known Member

Really feeling these sort of tunes at the moment. Loved this mix!