Obey - 2012 Drum & Bass Promotional Mix

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Obey - 2012 Drum & Bass Promotional Mix - Download now! Taken down soon.

New promo mix by myself. Been a while sinse I recorded a mix with some nice, dark, rolling drum & bass so here it is. The idea was to showcase some tracks i've been feeling this year, a couple of which I think went under the radar; aswell as playing some more recent, unreleased stuff. (Big up Overlook, Hathor & Antagonist). This is also the type of stuff I usually play when I play out as well.

Have a listen, a download, share, follow me on soundcloud, whatever! As usual feedback much appreciated.
Also buliding tracks for my Jan/Feb Autonomic mix and a Future Garage/Ambient Dubstep mix (Got a fair few dubs for that one!) so watch this space.

01. Sunchase - Warm Space [Horizons]
02. Enei - Stonehead [Critical]
03. Hybris & Nocturnal - Lair [Revolution]
04. Foreign Concept - Mob Justice [Critical]
05. Amoss - Footloose [Horizons]
06. DBR UK - Kilo [Blackout]
07. Need for Mirrors - Triangulation Delta [Integral]
08. Hathor & Overlook - Past Tense [N/A]
09. Antagonist - Evolution Process [N/A]
10. Synkro - Prologue [Blackout]
11. Antagonist - The 15th Chapter of Enoch [N/A]
12. Triad & Synth Sense - Past, Present, Future [Horizons]
13. Amoss - Last Minute [Horizons]
14. Shaded - Gone [Diffrent]
15. Hunchbak & Jekyll - End of the World [Diffrent]

Last edited:
warm space - perfect set opener
> stonehead - oooosh. madness
> lair - sounds sick dropped with the trust me vocal. this mix is going in something else
> mob justice - class track obvs
> footloose - would have been nice to hear mob justice's scattered drums underneath, good stuff all the same
> kilo - such a bouncer, dbr uk is a badman
> triangulation delta - as much as i like the track im not sure it works so well in the mix considering this is meant to be more vibey than the other dancefloor focused tracks, still big tho
> past tense - next level, overlook has his sound nailed. i'll have to check hathor
> evolution process - niiice! those amen stabs are quality
> prologue - nice
> 15th chapter of enoch - antagonist is pretty large! another good track. is it this track that had those blade runner sounds or prologue?
> past, present, future - cool track
> last minute - sweet
> gone - love shaded, intelligent stuff
> end of the world - more diffrent repping, becoming an instabuy label methinks. quality

great stuff man, really intelligent tracklist and the mixing was top notch as always. looking forward to both forthcoming mixes, you should definitely do more of these

warm space - perfect set opener
> stonehead - oooosh. madness
> lair - sounds sick dropped with the trust me vocal. this mix is going in something else
> mob justice - class track obvs
> footloose - would have been nice to hear mob justice's scattered drums underneath, good stuff all the same
> kilo - such a bouncer, dbr uk is a badman
> triangulation delta - as much as i like the track im not sure it works so well in the mix considering this is meant to be more vibey than the other dancefloor focused tracks, still big tho
> past tense - next level, overlook has his sound nailed. i'll have to check hathor
> evolution process - niiice! those amen stabs are quality
> prologue - nice
> 15th chapter of enoch - antagonist is pretty large! another good track. is it this track that had those blade runner sounds or prologue?
> past, present, future - cool track
> last minute - sweet
> gone - love shaded, intelligent stuff
> end of the world - more diffrent repping, becoming an instabuy label methinks. quality

great stuff man, really intelligent tracklist and the mixing was top notch as always. looking forward to both forthcoming mixes, you should definitely do more of these
Very much appreciated man!
Yeah its the Antagonist track thats got the blade runner samples I think? Prologue's got the dolphin samples.

faaaaackin hell! think I missed this.

Will be right on this & will report back with my findings.
TL looks my kinda thing. nice one sicx!

yes on this because i fucking love warm space, such a riddim. will feedback when i've listened man

First mix was absolutely raw mate, loved the way you kept warm space in over the breakdown, sounded perfect together, those basslines on the breakdown are too much..
after that start the rest didn't disappoint at all, all blended really well.
lots of tunes i hadn't heard before which was good (y)

i'll remember to check more of your mixes if they are all as good as this man

Last edited:
yes on this because i fucking love warm space, such a riddim. will feedback when i've listened man

First mix was absolutely raw mate, loved the way you kept warm space in over the breakdown, sounded perfect together, those basslines on the breakdown are too much..
after that start the rest didn't disappoint at all, all blended really well.
lots of tunes i hadn't heard before which was good (y)

i'll remember to check more of your mixes if they are all as good as this man

Nice one man! Yea warm space & stonehead go perfect together, been using that combo for a while. Totally agree mate! break in warm space is just utter darkness.

New years bump!
Download now if ya fancy it, be taken down soon guyz.

Back
Top Bottom