ob:verse - breathe

This is dope! Really enjoyed this one!
I agree with Newcaise. But that's nothing you couldn't fix ;) Something is eating all the space in the drop. Maybe a bit too much reverb or something like that.

Its sick my dude!
Only sad thing is the mixdown, sounds really muddy :(
This is dope! Really enjoyed this one!
I agree with Newcaise. But that's nothing you couldn't fix ;) Something is eating all the space in the drop. Maybe a bit too much reverb or something like that.

Thanks guys, yeah I really need to work on my mixdowns for sure. Any tips?

Thanks guys, yeah I really need to work on my mixdowns for sure. Any tips?
Bring down the elements a bit so the drums can breathe. Also if your limiting, your tune shouldnt be at 0.0 db all the time. Give it space to breathe. Other than that EQ out frequencies you dont need from certain elements. Some tips that helped me. Hope it helps you aswell :)

Bring down the elements a bit so the drums can breathe. Also if your limiting, your tune shouldnt be at 0.0 db all the time. Give it space to breathe. Other than that EQ out frequencies you dont need from certain elements. Some tips that helped me. Hope it helps you aswell :)

Thanks man, appreciate the info. big ups :)

Since mud in mixes comes from too many instruments playing in the same region you need to cut out those frequencies. But if you cut too harsh your mix will sound flat and thin. And you will kill some of the harmonics. Listen to your mix, and decide which instrument you want to occupy this region and slightly dip the other instruments in this region. This works well with eq visualizers.
That's basically how I do it, but I'm not an expert on this area

Since mud in mixes comes from too many instruments playing in the same region you need to cut out those frequencies. But if you cut too harsh your mix will sound flat and thin. And you will kill some of the harmonics. Listen to your mix, and decide which instrument you want to occupy this region and slightly dip the other instruments in this region. This works well with eq visualizers.
That's basically how I do it, but I'm not an expert on this area

Sweet man, thanks for the info. Appreciate it dude :)

awesome work! crystal clear in sounds and well arranged! :2thumbs:
hats and rides are too loud / upfront for me personally, sounds too bright overall imo.
what system are you? how did you get this track so loud without compromising clarity?
good work man !! :cool:

awesome work! crystal clear in sounds and well arranged! :2thumbs:
hats and rides are too loud / upfront for me personally, sounds too bright overall imo.
what system are you? how did you get this track so loud without compromising clarity?
good work man !! :cool:

Cheers dude :) I'm using ableton bro. Just using a bit of compression bro, but I think I used a bit to much lol

perfect. amatuer drum and bass production at its finest

maybe turn the treble down a tad somehow... tidy it up abit (ie master)..

overall very very good..... idea behind 2nd drop is top notch..

As mentioned before, the track could benefit from different instruments sitting a bit more in different frequencies, but another thing that could clear the track up a bit is to consider the harmonic balance (eq basically) in the stereo image. Especially high-frequency stuff like hi-hats can make a mix sound lopsided, if there's not a similar amount of the same frequencies in both the left and right channels. Though I don't think it's an actual problem in your mix, it's mostly just the high-freq percs being too loud. And yeah, maybe back down a bit with the compression. =)

Also: Is your kick a stereo sample? If it is, it's strongly recommended to make it mono in the bass range, so that the bass energy is shared equally by all speakers (and avoids any potential phase cancellations, if played in mono).

But that said, it's a really cool track, and I love the transitions between parts!

As mentioned before, the track could benefit from different instruments sitting a bit more in different frequencies, but another thing that could clear the track up a bit is to consider the harmonic balance (eq basically) in the stereo image. Especially high-frequency stuff like hi-hats can make a mix sound lopsided, if there's not a similar amount of the same frequencies in both the left and right channels. Though I don't think it's an actual problem in your mix, it's mostly just the high-freq percs being too loud. And yeah, maybe back down a bit with the compression. =)

Also: Is your kick a stereo sample? If it is, it's strongly recommended to make it mono in the bass range, so that the bass energy is shared equally by all speakers (and avoids any potential phase cancellations, if played in mono).

But that said, it's a really cool track, and I love the transitions between parts!

yeah defs need to rebalance the instruments and elements and better compression ect for sure. Yeah it is a stereo kick, Cheers dude, appreciate the kind words :)

Pretty nice track man!! There is indeed a lot going on so maybe try to clean it up a bit, IMO the track is a little bit sharp to I'd cut some of the high frequenties
Drums are smooth and the bass is great! Great job!

/mentorandmoore/laidback-luke-made-in-june-paradise-ft-bright-lights-mentor-moore-remix-t8/s-VPgHv

Cheers dude, appreciate the help :)

Duuude, this is very good, love the way you executed that second drop, especially with that use of silence just before it.

I'd just recommend (like everyone else) cutting off unnecessary frequencies in all your sounds, cause as some people have said, it's a bit too muddy on the drop (most noticably on the first drop) cause it's like there's so much going on. I imagine quite a few of your sounds have some residual frequencies around the low-midlow area that could be cut off, that's what I'd personally do.

Arrangement is on point, would love to hear a finished version. :2thumbs:

I love this tune! really good.

I don't think it's muddy. bass and kick sit well. I think maybe the hi-hat has unwanted frequencies that you can notch out, or reduce a bit.

Back
Top Bottom