Oasis - Wonderwall(duckstep dnb remix) Work In Progress

duckstep

Hello

Figured i'd share a song i've been working on.
The song isnt good but it's the best one i've done so far. I personally think it sounds like shit and that there is alot of improvements to be done, im posting this to get some feedback for improvements.

Note: I've done everything in the track myself except the vocals, its the original bassline/chords from the song but every instrument that plays it have been somehow modified and created by me(with or without presets)

Im about halfway done with the song, im working on the mixdown currently and have added some small mastering with Maximizer(only thing i have and know that can do mastering, at least thats what i think it is xD)
So to state the obvious some parts of the song is not correctly mixed yet, i need to do volume adjustments in some places, some sidechaining, some eqing etc..

Song structure is not set in stone, im gonna make a proper outro later on, this is how it looks for now.

The song structure is:
Intro >
Refrain intro with some instruments that creates a minalistic build up >
First drop(most instruments come in here, not sub bass yet however. The reece bass have some low end output on eq spectrum for this part) >
Second drop(in this part everything comes in, including sub bass. When sub bass comes in i have a automation that hits in that lowers the low part of the eq in the reece bass to give room for the sub bass. This removes some of the uniqeness of the sub bass but gives the song a better sound quality untill the sub drops into the song.)

Time spent:About 3 weeks on this song, including sleep time.
Sound tracks: 29
Mixer channels: 47
Project status: About halfway done with the song.
Time in music production:3 months.

longesttrackmixerchanne.png

longesttracksoundtracks.png

As usual any feedback is appreciated, even harsh one. Its vital with feedback for future improvement of my work. If there's something that you hear sounds wrong try to be specific of what it is so that i can correct it.

Thanks.

well! Vocals are out of tune with the elements in the tune. Vocals are like a few semitones down, try to get all the elements a few semi's down tho.

Good try tho, would like to play this out if you fix that scale thing ;)

Good job for 3months =))

Ye i think he's right.
Its not shit tho. To me, the intro is lame (except for that last few bars with the drum break), but then all the rest its kinda nice. For 3 months its a good work.

well! Vocals are out of tune with the elements in the tune. Vocals are like a few semitones down, try to get all the elements a few semi's down tho.

Good try tho, would like to play this out if you fix that scale thing ;)

Good job for 3months =))
Hm i cant hear that the vocals are out of tune, but i can hear something doesnt sound right so ye that might be it.
The vocals are original acapella from the original track and i took the chords/bassline from the official notes from original track so i dont know how it can be desynced.

I could adjust vocals with pitch i suppose

Ye i think he's right.
Its not shit tho. To me, the intro is lame (except for that last few bars with the drum break), but then all the rest its kinda nice. For 3 months its a good work.
Define intro is lame, is the piano lame? The blowing wind white noise or the guitar?
And if so then why is it lame and what would you do to change it so it sounds better.

Thanks

Last edited:
Vocals could do with being brighter, and they sound like they are going slightly out of sync on the beginning of the second drop?

But its a real good effort for 3 months producing, keep it up mate!

Im planning to resample the vocals with increased playup speed so it sounds like higher tempo, but i will do this without keeping the vocals off note so gonna be a precision job.

mr meh said:
Vocals could do with being brighter, and they sound like they are going slightly out of sync on the beginning of the second drop?
I will have a look and see if they are desynched, i probarly have overlooked it because i've spent so many hours listening to it that i've gotten tunnelvision :(
How do you mean make vocals brighter, higher pitch less low? Or do you mean some sort of wet effect?

After listening it again, i wouldnt say its lame but i would rather say it doesnt really give me the will to continue the track when i listen to the intro. The elements are good, but idk when the voice + the filtered drums enters im not feeling this, i dont know why. Its a personal thought obviously.

Maybe add more atmosphere with some pads, more sounds effects etc.

second drop is nice i love the bass

Not out of sync. Out of scale. Say one it's in D and the other one in F ... for example, not that the voice and elements are in that scale... :))

Btw, to fix that problem you just gotta take some semitones up or down the other elements NOT the voice :))

Not out of sync. Out of scale. Say one it's in D and the other one in F ... for example, not that the voice and elements are in that scale... :))

Btw, to fix that problem you just gotta take some semitones up or down the other elements NOT the voice :))
Eurgh sigh i dont know why i took the wrong chords/basslines, i should have reserached better.

My whole song is 2 semitones wrong when looking at official notes now so i can fix it at least.

Iv4 said:
Vocals in the intro are to loud.
I have a volume automation that lowers vocal @ intro, i lowered it a bit more.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Edit: That semitone fix really changed the energy the song is giving, the whole track sounds better now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom