oalstars collective - bullet time / soundcloud

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by groelle, Mar 23, 2010.

1. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

2. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Great intro! Really got the atmosphere set, wouldve liked to here a low volume sweeping pad underneath the piano after the speech to help with the atmosphere. But this is a really musical piece. Did you write the piano yourself or is it a sample? Cos it really does set the mood!

3. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

nice, reminds me a bit of that old nero tune dick tracey. i like the ideas this, the piano works well with the wob thing. jus think the wob could do with bein a bit more on the gnarlier side. i think the pad stuff worked into it is good too

4. groelle

the piano is more or less a cover of the main max paine theme, have a listen at youtube for comparison ;)

thanks for the honesty guys. hope you enjoyed it!

5. groelle

anyone else?

would love to know how the mix transponds to other systems, and some feedback on the mixdown in general would be sweet. ;)

if anyone wants to play it, just write a pm or a drop us a message on soundcloud :)

6. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

I think the tune needs more in it, this is just my pref. I like the piano and the music around it, but i think the drop could do with some tweeking. Dunno if the dancefloor orientated sounds (wob wob wob wob) suits this piece of music. think it would be nice as a dark liquid roller tho :)