nusphere - i-see the light (Liquid DnB)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by nusphere, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nusphere

nusphere Member

Hey people this is my latest, I've just worked obsessively on this for a couple of days, I'm quite happy with it at the monent but really wonna get the sounds jumping out at ya, so any suggestions are welcomed :D

2. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

Really nice track mate. Great melodies, bass sound good and drums are pretty crispy. Think a couple of your effects are bit loud really like the rises. Breakdowns to long for me though needs a kick drum or something in there to keep people dancing in my opinion.

3. nusphere

nusphere Member

Thanx Rezonate, good advice cheerz mate :)

4. Hutar

Hutar Member

imho weak snare and very strong bass

5. 3YEZ

3YEZ New Member

Piano is stuck on right side, check VST setting. Everything else sounded pretty much perfect to me. Can't comment on the bass much because I'm listening to it through headphones atm.

6. nusphere

nusphere Member

Thanks for your reply Hutar. Do you recon the snare needs more bass or needs to be louder or a new snare, cheers mate :D

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

Hey 3YEZ, thanks for your input. The piano keys are panned to match their relative position on the keyboard, as the majority of the stronger hit keys are above C3 a larger part of the sound is panned to the right. I thought that although the sound was to the right this would be balanced by the staccato Violin as that is placed to the right by default. I will have a critical listen to the panning, thanks for your observation :D

7. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Feeling this vibe man good work,maybe to shorten up time after first drop i takes forever to start again.I am really not to much in this genre but i am telling you from listeners point,but all in all good work keep it up:)

8. Hutar

Hutar Member

Im not very good in this but in my opinion, I would use another snare, maybe little more stronger. But as I said, it is only my opinion.

9. nusphere

nusphere Member

Hey Hutar, no problem dude thanks for your input :D

10. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Nice bongo's in the intro, reckon some subtle phasing on that pad in the intro would help give the track more movement....Thats a lovely clean sub you got rolling in there, a few drum fills and edits wouldnt go amiss to change things up a little and keep it fresh...I'm digging the chord stabs that come in, it's like a nice build....I'm waiting for something else....need the second drop to happen quicker...I'm hanging on waiting for it a bit too long........still waiting............got some hats, need more by this point....TBH that second drop was an antclimax for me, waited far too long for it.

All that being said, I still overall, love the melodies in this, and the builds and risers. Just kept me hanging too long...

11. nusphere

nusphere Member

Yeah thanx for the advice, part the reason it's so long is I have written this track with the intention of having a vocalist sing on it & it'd be good to have space for that but yeah could still be shorter :) Cheers Baltazeer

---------- Post added at 03:10 ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 ----------

Kool thanks for your thoughts Mr Fletch :)

12. underspawn

underspawn Headz Roll

The guys above nailed it pretty well, so im just gonna say it has nice melody :)