DnB nusphere - every day (liquid D&B)

Not a fan of the beat. A lighter, simpler one would suit the tune better imo(but i guess u wanted it to sound more experimental). The vocal sounds good, the keys too. The bass stabs are cool, just maybe a little too aggresive. Also i think that the mixdown needs some more work, maybe someone with monitors can help more on that part.

agree with pretty much all underspawn said
some really nice bits in there an the vocal sounds good

Just needs some eqing imho... The way he's been pumping out tracks, he's bound to have a few that don't cut the mustard, every producer i know is guilty of that..

Keep up the good work man, been keeping an eye on your chewns.

Cheerz :)

---------- Post added at 02:42 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

I've made some more functional changes to this track, I taken some of the advice here and and removed much of the complexity in the beat, I've also lessened the saturation that I'd applied to the bass and attempted to eq cut some rogue frequencies round about 200/300 htz. I've also applied fairly subtle reverb to the hi percussion and attempted some stereo widening on the hats.

Massive thanks for your time and ears Kdance, I'm gonna have to sort the kick out tomorrow, it's suddenly 4.30am (again! I really was gonna have an early night tonight lol) here and I have a busy day tomorrow

deffo work on your arrangement. doesnt fit as it is now, tune could be way better with a proper arrangement id say.

bass is a tad too loud as is the sub of the kick, keys could be bigger and i felt the drums need some work aswell.

feeling the melodies and the samples, nice :)

made more changes:

completely changed the hats removed the tamborine.

added some slap-back delay to the snare drum.

changed the kick drum for the 100th time, attempted to re balance the kick the sub and bass.

Also have the beat start from the beginning of the track, rather than just starting with the rhodes.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

deffo work on your arrangement. doesnt fit as it is now, tune could be way better with a proper arrangement id say.

Not sure what a proper arrangement is? Any suggestions are welcomed :D

You're a real sucka for the rhodea arent ya lol! I like the vocals, maybe a little verb on them would make them even better. Not a big fan of the basic kick and snare pattern, needs lots more percussion going on around them to help it roll better.

lol yeah the rhodes it's just a faze I'm going through honest governor, I could give it up if I tried honest ;)

There is is quite a bit of reverb on the vocals already but more may well help.

Ironically I have I've recently simplified the the percussion as a couple of people suggested it was too complex for the rest of the track, oh well you can't please all the people all the time eh.

yeh its just a personal taste thing really. as long as you are happy with it, thats what counts. Gotta remember we are all producers round these parts and we all like different things.

lol yeah the rhodes it's just a faze I'm going through honest governor, I could give it up if I tried honest ;)

There is is quite a bit of reverb on the vocals already but more may well help.

Ironically I have I've recently simplified the the percussion as a couple of people suggested it was too complex for the rest of the track, oh well you can't please all the people all the time eh.

Looks like u misunderstood me. I meant that the kick snare pattern could be simpler cuz it sounds too experimental for this tune imo. By simpler lighter drums i meant something like: standard kick snare pattern with just a few one hits at places, 2 breaks under it and hats/shakers(with a slight variation from time to time).

Last edited:
Hey underspawn, it's all good mate I'm not complaining about anything I really appreciate all the comment that people give on this forum, I only signed up a month or two ago and I feel that I've learned a lot from others comments and commenting on others work :D But yeah I guess I am attempting to something a little differently with the beat, but more in terms of the timbre of the drum hits rather than the drum pattern, the actual drum pattern is the most usual D&B drum pattern perhaps even cliché.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom