Drum & Bass nusphere - Cosmic Flow

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by nusphere, Jun 15, 2012.

1. nusphere

nusphere Member

Hey guyz howz thingz? I've not been active on this forum for a while as I've been focusing on graphics stuff but I have some new work such as this liquid DnB tune:

Any comments and suggestions welcomed.

I've created a video for an older track here that I rencon a few will enjoy:

[video=youtube_share;ELuJJbHp9wA]http://youtu.be/ELuJJbHp9wA?hd=1"]http://youtu.be/ELuJJbHp9wA?hd=1[/video]

Thanks in advance

2. DaftFader

DaftFader The Bass Too Dark

Nice mellow track dude, only crit I can think of is the snare sounds a little to harsh (or mby over compressed) for such a chilled vibe. I think a more natural sounding snare would suit it a lot better.

When the vocals come in at about 4.40, the snare fits pretty well actually, but earlier on in the tune it's a little too much imo (I mean it fits and works, I just think you could make it sound even better with a dif snare), mby use two snares and switch later in the tune? It'll give it a nice elevation too.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  3. DaftFader

Just noticed the vocals at 4.40 are a little louder then the rest of the vocals as well. (It might be just that it's got too much high/high-mid eq on it making it stick out more)

4. nusphere

nusphere Member

Thanks for the comments DaftFader, I'll have a critical listen to the snare 'n vocals, cheerz

5. DaftFader

np's. Love the vibe though, if it wasn't raining outside (and nighttime) I'd swear it was summer listening to this. :p

6. nusphere

nusphere Member

There is a repeated section that first appears at about 2:20 to 3:05 that I'm not 100% sure about; it kinda has a housey vibe with a xylophone-esc lead, does anyone have any thoughts about these sections and how they may fit better with the track? cheerz

7. Meloz

Meloz Member

Commenting as it plays.

Love the intro, great swirling pads building a nice atmosphere, good spoken word sample too, very cool.

Was a little let down when the beat came in, I wanted it to have more impact and punch. The pads at the beginning which are nice and loud and crisp led me to believe the beat would be too but it seemed quite quiet when it came in. Maybe it could with more of a build up to it to, like a rise or something?

I can hear a little bit of sub bass not too much (my earphones are proper shite btw) but maybe there should be higher frequencies in there to give it more of a balance? I think the sub could have more body (something like a waves MaxxBass plugin on it might add some more definition).

I think the vocals could have more width to them and some variation (not convinced on the one shot samples however with the 'oohs' and 'ahhs', didn't fit for me with the atmosphere that was built up previously), maybe try duplicating the vocal track, panning one left and panning one right and then on one of the tracks delay the start of the vocal by milliseconds, this gives it quite a wide effect. Might sound ok (but may also not fit so just try it out see what it sounds like).

Like the idea and the mellowness of it, quite easy to listen to. Nice one.

8. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

Cool track I like the pads they are really nice tho I'd like some more um.. structure in the track I think. Feels like theres a beat and a bassline then everything is just oozing around on top of it. Maybe some side chaining could sort that out, just a thought. ^^

And another thing that I thought about is the vocals. When those "ah"-stabs come in, they sound a bit too harsh.

But ye, this track would go well with some nice weather! :)

9. nusphere

nusphere Member

perhaps the snare needs to be a tad shorter so that it does't sound so labored?

10. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I do not like the vocal but somehow it does match the pad. Nope I do not like the vocal at all(female vocal). In the 2nd part I do not like the phasing snare and symbols. The mix is not bad I just did not like the track. Sorry. I like your other song more even if it is not as well mixed as the first and the grafics are cool too.

11. marcelkennard

marcelkennard Storms comin in Annie

I really like the style reminds me a little of some old Bukem, nice vibes...
    Needs a better mixdown I think and the drums are a little too rough but apart from that well done!

12. nusphere

nusphere Member

Thanx for your input marcelkennard :D