Numark TT 1610's - Even shit for beginners?

muzzadj

VIP Junglist
Yo. A mate of mine is looking to start mixing, he's found a cheap pair of Numark TT 1610's and is considering taking the plunge but thought he'd ask me beforehand how they perform for a pure beginner. I've had absolutely no experience on them so thought i'd ask the forum.

Any information/experience appreciated, cheers!

They're ok to use but as I stated in another thread I found the pitch between -3% and +3% isn't very precise

They're ok to use but as I stated in another thread I found the pitch between -3% and +3% isn't very precise

yeah, i had a similar model a while back and the pitch faders were absolutely shocking, on one you'd pitch it up, and it'd slow down, you'd pitch it up some more and it would start speeding up, and the other was the same but A LOT more noticeable.

ended up getting rid of them because they were useless to someone learning to beatmatch.

aswell as the general cheap plasticcy build quality.

The only benefit to learning on them is you then know you can mix on an average set of turntables if you ever get thrown into that situation.

The only benefit to learning on them is you then know you can mix on an average set of turntables if you ever get thrown into that situation.

I disagree, if you get too used to playing on shitty equipment you end up overcompensating for dodgy pitches etc.

Back
Top Bottom