Numark Total Control any good?

MiloParsons

16 year old fanatic.
Hey,

Just wondering if anybody has one and if so what are they like? I'm looking for some low budget djing equipment because CDJ's are way too expensive. Any equipment someone could recommend for a beginner?

Thanks

its a controller for digital dj apps.

sorry cant give u an opinion. but do you atleast have a good app to start out with? see if there's a review on youtube also. i know its relatively new, so u should ask/check at a lot of other sites.

man i just bought a Numark Axis 9 for £250, ive heard a lot of good things about them. its probably worth looking into getting one of these if u can stretch your pennies

Yeah i heard belt drive ones are awful!

I've never mixed before so do you think i'll be able to handle the Axis 9's? I have a good ear for mixing so that's sorted just i don't know if they're that easy to use or professional?

Total Control is good to learn on. I had it, then went to a Vestax VCI-100. The Vestax feels better, looks better, but performance wise is about the same. So, better to go Numark Total Control, learn, then go to turntables or CDs, I just ordered some CDs. I want to get away from the digital setup, I'm not feeling it, but it was a cheap way to learn when I didn't know if it was for me.

But... Kill switches on the Total Control are nice! I bought a Numark M3 for that reason, but I guess they're not so good...

I just bought a numark stealth (would love cdjs/vinyls but money > all)

It's pretty good, focuses more on the actual mixing than effects which is nice, the jog wheels are very sensitive but its a very good piece of kit.

Doesn't have an internal soundcard though. Also some advice, make sure if you do have a soundcard with your laptop/pc or whatever try and find out if it works with the controller. I have a 24bit soundblaster card, but it doesn't work with the stealth (won't cue through the headphones)

quite expensive for what it is though (£210)

Back
Top Bottom