numark mixtrack pro.

IANBEAL

MACHETE BASSSSSSSSSS
right one year ago i had decks, i could mix to an extent, but just as i was getting into the swing of things i had to sell everything i own and move to australia, now im a 14 months in a seen this mixtrack pro on offer in my local electronics store, so im thinking of getting back into mixing again for when i do actually go home to the uk and buy 1210s again.

morale of the story is..

is this suitable for a little mix here and there to hone my skills before i go home, does it hook up to a bigger system and are they generally okay to learn on?

and as ive never owned cdj's or never needed to purchase a mp3, where is the best place to get them, beatport?

from your biggest fan, this is stan!

right one year ago i had decks, i could mix to an extent, but just as i was getting into the swing of things i had to sell everything i own and move to australia, now im a 14 months in a seen this mixtrack pro on offer in my local electronics store, so im thinking of getting back into mixing again for when i do actually go home to the uk and buy 1210s again.

morale of the story is..

is this suitable for a little mix here and there to hone my skills before i go home, does it hook up to a bigger system and are they generally okay to learn on?

and as ive never owned cdj's or never needed to purchase a mp3, where is the best place to get them, beatport?

from your biggest fan, this is stan!

If your just using it to have a little mix on, then id say go ahead and get the mixtrack if its only going to be temporary until you get your hands back on some 1210's.

You can buy your mp3's from anywhere really. Most online record stores offer mp3's of all their tracks. eg

www.chemicalrecords.co.uk
www.redeyerecords.co.uk

Its also worth checking amazon MP3 as they usually have some really good prices (picked up moving fusion - turbulance for about 40p a while back)

yes, yes, yes to all your questions. Loadsa people use them to start off, theyre a great beginners platform and should get you back into djing. Does it come with any software? Head over to the controller mappings section on www.djtechtools.com and look for something that might suit you nicely.

As for tunes, personally I use www.emusic.com, its marginally cheaper than itunes without the DRM. Its great to build the back catalogue, not immediate on the new releases though, usually a couple of weeks behind. Everything I cant get on there, I get on juno download.

The mixtrack pro is great. It kind of has the "look and feel" of a toy, but I have the found the parts to all be considerably good quality for the price. Like the faders and eq knobs and whatnot all feel on par with a mid-quality mixer.

Only downside is that it comes with Virtual DJ LE. If it came with Pro it wouldn't be so bad, but the LE is pretty limited. Like, everything you need to throw down a mix is there, don't get me wrong, but they pretty much turn off all the customizations and "extras".

The good news is that the Mixtrack Pro is also supported by Traktor Pro 2 out of the box without the need to map anything yourself. This is how I am currently setup.

thanks men for the reply, yeah im going to buy one of these, do any of you know how loud they are without any monitor or any system connected? or am i going to have to buy some speakers aswel? because i cant wait to be drunk as fuck and have a mix when i come in from a night out and show these aussies what alien girl sounds like at 100 decibels jajajajaj.

and plus it wouldnt really matter what type of laptop i have would it? of course its suitable for the software but would it need to be mor epowerful to keep up to speed with the mixtrack?

excellent your the best!

yes mate, you will need separate speakers and cabling to send the sound from the mixtrack to the speakers. a 3m RCA lead should cover that.

As far as speakers go, the world is your oyster, get whatever you can afford.

A long as your lappy runs the software well then you wont have issues. Some windows laptops can have midi latency issues whereby certain drivers &/ functions can cause drop outs under certain conditions. If you get these, you'll know about them.

thanks men for the reply, yeah im going to buy one of these, do any of you know how loud they are without any monitor or any system connected? or am i going to have to buy some speakers aswel? because i cant wait to be drunk as fuck and have a mix when i come in from a night out and show these aussies what alien girl sounds like at 100 decibels jajajajaj.

and plus it wouldnt really matter what type of laptop i have would it? of course its suitable for the software but would it need to be mor epowerful to keep up to speed with the mixtrack?

excellent your the best!

The speakers you currently have will most probably be fine if they're powerful enough for you. The only thing you might have to do is get a 3.5 to rca adapter.

Any laptop made in the last 3 or 4 years will run it fine.

do any of you know how loud they are without any monitor or any system connected? or am i going to have to buy some speakers aswel?
Well, it's not going to make any noise at all with no system connected... There are no internal speakers or anything.

If your hard up on cash, you could probably just hook the master out to a spare port on your TV and play through your tv speakers.

As long as your laptop isn't from 90's I would imagine it is fine. VDJ / Traktor aren't really major resource hogs.

Back
Top Bottom