Numark mixtrack pro 2 pitch controls

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by Milford Cubicle, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle New Member

Been mixing for little bit, trying to learn to beatmatch atm. The pitch controls on the controller are like half the length of the ones on 1210's, does this make it harder to get it matched or am I just making excuses? :p Can get it within +/-1bpm but struggling with the last bit :/ I know it takes time, just wondering if it'll be easier when I can afford 1210's.

2. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Can you change the range of the pitch fader up and down? If you are mixing DnB then you could make the pitch fader +/-6% and a finer control of the pitch.

3. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

I hate to break it to ya but learning to beatmatch on that thing is going to be absolute murder :/ try change the range as gloxxy said but it will be fucking fiddly nonetheless. You'll have to get close then use the screen i recon - tiny movements need on the pitch need to be related to a percentage increase on your mixing software or you'll be going round and round in circles imo.

4. Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle New Member

Seems I've got the pro not the pro 2 and you can't change the range in serato intro :/

Kind of reassuring actually, will just have to move getting turntables to the top of my priority list :)

Cheers for the reply's.

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Yes, get tunrtables. The only real way to learn to DJ imo

6. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

I like your username and also rusty spoons.
    Sorry I can't help tho.