nuKs - Hide Me [Darkstep]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by nuksBe, Mar 22, 2011.

1. nuksBe

nuksBe New Member

Hello everyone. I'm not used to post on forums (In fact this is my first on an audio one), but I've got a great appetite of feedback and it sounds cool here :).
    So I'll let you listen to my track right ahead.

Last version:

Feel free to be heavily direct and to rate the track honestly.
    If you're brave enough it'll be really nice to have some tips too, to see where i need to improve and how.

Thank ya' !

Ps: About my programs, I use Absynth and Logics for almost everything. The piano is sampled (But melody is mine). For saturation, I use CamelPhat (and Trash but not on this track). If you have some recommendation about that i'll read them with happiness, but I won't blame you otherwise, I'll check the Forum.

Ps2: Soz for my english :D

Edit: 1st version (Gonna be removed).

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. paracyte

paracyte Member

ez
    beat need more fower and variation, its kinda boring
    The proportion of the tune is weird, intro is long and ther you get 2 short main parts
    with almost no change within.
    It also lacks some air, reverb on main parts
    It seems bit plastic.
    Nice basslines.
    you need a tweak it.
    Cheers.

3. TarekFM

TarekFM Producer

not bad at all for 1st posted tune...as mentioned above the arrangement needs work but well done so far.

4. nuksBe

nuksBe New Member

Ok, thanks a lot :)
    I'll try to add a fourth bass. I've already done a little work on drums but I'm not satisfy at all. Maybe remaking all the arrangement (but keeping the intro and drop) and matching the drum with basses could be a better idea.

@paracyte
    What do you mean by Plastic and by tweak ? You want me to boost the high level of the basses ?

About the reverb on main parts, I think I'll create a breath-like athmo with lot of reverb on it, or do you think it's a better idea to just add a longer and stronger reverb on basses ?

Any comment on the Intro ? I've got a feeling that there is too much of samples of my voice.

Thanks a lot guys :D I'll submit the update when I'll have time to do that.

5. MrStitno

MrStitno New Member

I'm really a noob to producing DnB, also new to this forum. Although thinking you can get better comments from other forrumers... still want to hand out some thought's. I think your baseline is heavily distorted (clipping).. Definitely need some work there.. I Like the piano! But again on this forum you can get good quality reviews from more advances producers..

Greets ;)

6. nuksBe

nuksBe New Member

@MrStitno
    Yeah you're right but that effect is the one wanted, and, in fact, I can't really do something about that 'coz moving just a little bit the knob makes the bass sounds like horrible high noise. I could maybe use another distortion plugin if someone else told me that it sounds too crappy but I prefer at first create a new bass to get a more varied track.
    Anyway, thanks for the feedback :) It's well appreciated, and I'll keep it in memory even if it's not in my priorities right now.

Ps: I listened to your track on soundcloud and it sounds nice but it could be wonderful if you add a simple sine as a sub for the basses :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  7. MrStitno

MrStitno New Member

Yeah im still in a big fight with that one, there is actually a sine rolling below and freq cut of de reeces below 80hz. Working on my third production know and i found that the volume of the reece basses should be secnificant lower than the sub.. Think there's where the problem with that track lies..Its actually my first finished track and i really alsmost died getting the sound right and it still isnt.. ;)

Anny way thanks !

8. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

feedback on your soundcloud;
    nice mixdown and ideas but still you gotta put more things into it, not just copy paste verses ;)

9. nuksBe

nuksBe New Member

New version. I tried to put your ideas on. I think the arrangement is a bit better. If you've got some new tips to share i'm still listening (Especially about the drum patterns) :)

You're welcome. Nice sound. You should listen to my first finished tracks (mmmh, in fact probably not) :D

Replied :) Edit: Big big respect to your tracks !!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  10. Fishy:)

Fishy:) Active Member

Piano is nice:) ur hihat is sounding like a cricket sometimes really weird and sounds very detatched from the rest.

11. nuksBe

nuksBe New Member

Hehe now that you mention it :D You're all right. I guess I'm gonna copy drum patterns from other tracks. It's a real nightmare for me :(