Nuera - Footsteps WIP

DJ NUERA

5HEAD
VIP Junglist
Hey guys,

Just wanted to put a new tune up of mine that i've been working on the past week or so. Pretty happy with it so far just need to make some tweaks and add a few bits.

Anyway, check it out if you get the chance, all feedback n shiz would be lovely :)
Ta

New link, done a bit more on the intro, added some more subbass and made a few little tweaks :)

Last edited:
Ez m8, rly feelin this got a nice euphoric vibe to it! Production wise i think roll before the drop needs alot more umph to it, possibly taking out the bass in the 16 bars before the drop would help at least give it the impact when it comes back in, or high pass it see how it sounds? Also give the bass in the intro a tad more release as it sounds a little sudden atm. and boost the low end! its sounding a bit none existant on my sub atm =x

Ez m8, rly feelin this got a nice euphoric vibe to it! Production wise i think roll before the drop needs alot more umph to it, possibly taking out the bass in the 16 bars before the drop would help at least give it the impact when it comes back in, or high pass it see how it sounds? Also give the bass in the intro a tad more release as it sounds a little sudden atm. and boost the low end! its sounding a bit none existant on my sub atm =x

Cheers man! This is exactly the kind of feedback I need :)
Great shout on taking the bass out for the 16 bars before the drop, done this think and think it sounds alot better so nice one for that! Guna go back in and work on the other points you've made as well, I seem to proper struggle with getting good sub bass but i'll give it a damn good go!
Thanks again man, just about to check your newest one as well, so will try and give some feedback on that :)

Really love where this is goin man, very cool tune! The break deffo needs to be brighter, add an exciter to it and play around, its a bit flat atm. Maybe add the odd occasional splash and rides after the first 16 to add some variation there. I think you should bus out the kick and snares completely (not send) if you havent already, get a limiter and compression on them so they really cut thru the mix, the snare is lacking the 200hz punch atm.

Do like this one tho mate, get that treble on the hats clear, get the snare cutting thru and add a bit of variation and you got a track :)

Really love where this is goin man, very cool tune! The break deffo needs to be brighter, add an exciter to it and play around, its a bit flat atm. Maybe add the odd occasional splash and rides after the first 16 to add some variation there. I think you should bus out the kick and snares completely (not send) if you havent already, get a limiter and compression on them so they really cut thru the mix, the snare is lacking the 200hz punch atm.

Do like this one tho mate, get that treble on the hats clear, get the snare cutting thru and add a bit of variation and you got a track :)

Ahh Russ you're a diamond thanks for the detailed feedback mate!
Haven't bussed the kick and snare yet but definitely guna give that a go, will try and tune the snare up as well to get it sounding punchier! Guna work on some variation as well after the first 16 bars of the drop to try and keep it interesting.
Thanks again tho man, much appreciated!

No probs man, always happy to help. Always a good idea to listen to your tracks on various different speakers too before uploading (y) And another good thing to do is wack a similar track into the DAW by a top producer and listen back and forth to see what frequencies are missing :)

I think its quality mate... better than the satalite type 2 remix you did or whatever it was called.
Nice one man.

I like it, definitely got the potential for a sweet track here!

drums are sounding good, intro is wicked!
I think the bassline sound needs fattening up a bit, maybe add some movement with some lfos or a tiny bit more distortion?
possibly add a few cymbal crashes /reverse cymbals here and there, esp the drop just to make the tune transition better.
A little bit more variation/random bits throughout the track would be cool as well.

other than that, quality track, nice!

I like it, definitely got the potential for a sweet track here!

drums are sounding good, intro is wicked!
I think the bassline sound needs fattening up a bit, maybe add some movement with some lfos or a tiny bit more distortion?
possibly add a few cymbal crashes /reverse cymbals here and there, esp the drop just to make the tune transition better.
A little bit more variation/random bits throughout the track would be cool as well.

other than that, quality track, nice!

Thanks man much appreciated! Still doing alot of work on this one so hopefully guna get round to sorting all the points you mentioned :)
Got a gig on 26th Feb so im trying to get it ready to play there, just dont want it to sound shit! haha.

Nice one man.

For playing out make sure you put a decent limiter on it like Isotope Ozone 3/Vintage Warmer to really fatten up the sound. Bounce it out with various different settings and play it as loud as you can ;)

Back
Top Bottom